"not anymore"

~

Another rough morning full of unpleasant feelings all over your head and belly yet no loss of memory. As soon as you opened your eyes you checked yourself- the room and the bed were the same ones you fell asleep on. Good. 

You were really shocked but this night was quite ordinary. You came in so tired and drunk that the only thing you were capable of was to put your head on the pillow and close your eyes. A bit of poignant regret that nothing happened took you over but just for a moment. All in all, maybe it is for the best, you should be careful playing with a Riddle like this.

Tom wasn't present and you had no idea how much time it was. So you decided to speed up and see who woke up already.

You picked up all the clothes from the floor that you managed to take off during the half-dream last night and put them on.

You went down the stairs and saw a few people gathering around the table. You noticed that Tom and some more people were absent. As you moved closer to them you heard rapid wobbly whispers but were unable to understand a word.

"Hey what's time is it?", you came up to them and everyone went silent immediately. All of them looked worried and obscurity made you anxious so you now asked "what's wrong?"

No one had the courage to speak until Lucian took the paper from the wooden surface and passed it to you.

Slowly you looked at it. It was an old parchment with a small text which gave you shivers.

"You didn't think our conversation was over, did you y/l/n? I hope you act smart and come to the Black Lake alone if you don't want to watch your friends be gone forever. You have a week."

Without a signature. Which wasn't needed. You knew it was the Dark Lord.

"Y/n?" Daphne called you getting you to of trans.

You looked at her with eyes full of terror yet you didn't want to reveal the whole story. Your inner mind told you it was for the best if this remained a secret. Pansy understood it too because she was the only one who knew the truth. She and Malfoy.

"It's nothing. At least it's not something you have to worry about," you said in the most convincing voice possible yet it wasn't enough.

"Nothing to worry about? Do you follow what you're saying? It's an actual death threat!" Greengrass was losing it but Pansy stopped her at the right moment. She took her away to calm her down while boys came up to you.

"Hey," Theo said in a peaceful tone but you still could tell even he was nervous, "are you sure you're alright?

You thought for a solid second and said, "completely, yeah. I wonder who it could be, but it doesn't matter right now. Thank you though," and hugged him to calm your own self down.

No one had the mood to continue partying. Half of your friends already left in the early morning, some of them just didn't feel well, no need to say that your letter added some note op negativity as well.

After some hours you arrived back at Hogwarts. You still had a day off so you decided to do something useful.

With all this mess around you, the only moments you could find peace in were the ones when you read. 

Slytherin's common room was finally empty. At a slow pace, you came over a huge bookshelf you picked a random romance book with the name "The girl who loved". Silly, naive, most obvious plot and full of vanilla. Just as you need right at this moment.

With the thought that you can occupy the whole sofa and be comfortable, you took the book and turned around to walk up to it. How dumb of you was to think that you can have time without any "adventures".