the magic drink

~

Even though it was a late night you knew you won't fall asleep today. And you didn't want to spend this time alone either.

As soon as you were back in your room, you quietly opened the dorm's door and reassured that Pansy was safe in her bed, already having sweet dreams as she was snoring a bit in her sleep. The thought of losing her to the Dark Lord made you anxious but now she was here, with you, and you still had time.

You went out of the dorm, seeking another company. And for your luck, there really was someone.

The moment you entered the common room, your gaze fell on the back of the dark-haired boy who was sitting on an emerald green couch. He was holding a glass with amber-yellow liquid and slowly drinking it.

You made a few steps towards him without him noticing you but as soon as he did, he shouted in an astringent voice,

"Oh y/n! Come on sit with me, darling,"

Tom had a cheesy smile on his face, which was weird to see on him, and that was accompanied by a stern smell of alcohol mixed up with his strong perfume.

You hesitated for a second but as he platted the place next to him, you decided to join him.

"That's my girl," he mumbled in a throaty voice as he buried his nose in your hair and stroked the back of your head with his hand, which after that he placed on your waist and dragged you closer to him.

Only now you felt comfortable and literally melted in his hands. In the past few weeks, this boy became something more than just a friend to you. You knew you are falling in love with him even if you didn't spend as much time as you wanted. You admired his gentle touch, his soft yet low voice, the way he speaks to you. The time you spend together made you forget everything that was happening lately.

You watched him taking another sip of a drink and then you asked him,

"For how long have you been drinking out there?"

He looked at you, letting himself chuckle, and replied, already looking away,

"I'm in full control of my actions, don't worry,"

You chose to trust him on this. With this, you asked another question,

"How's your day been? I haven't seen you much around recently,"

"All good, just been busy," he responded without a will to elaborate and added, putting his hand lower on your hip and squeezing it a bit, "what about we go to my room? I'll make sure no one interrupts us," he whispered into your ear, placing a small kiss on your cheek, grinning.

"Uhm, Tom," you spoke, trying not to ruin things, "I'm sorry, but I don't feel like it now, I'm just not feeling very well right now,"

His face changed to a light disappointment as he took his hand away from you,

"Nevermind," he said as he got up from the couch and placed a glass on the table, making a loud sonorous sound, "have a nice night y/n," he wished in an even tone and moved towards the boys' rooms.

"Tom wait!" you jumped from the place you were sitting in, following him, "we still can talk or...or go outside, the weather is pretty warm out there-" but he didn't let you finish,

"I'm not in the mood for it," he explained, "see you later,"

"Oh, okay," was the only thing you said, still standing in the middle of the common room and watching him go, with a feeling as if you were abandoned.

"Maybe he needs some space now," you thought to yourself, not letting yourself be upset and not overthinking why this happened.

-