fugitive

~

mattheo riddle 

The hardest thing during that night's talk was to stay collected during my shit-show speech and apology. I still don't understand how my tongue was able to say something so ridiculous like me being okay with staying just friends. I mean, of course, I'm glad that she didn't push me away completely and I somehow managed to keep her close but it is definitely not enough. I need her closer, every day to feel her in my embrace, to kiss her like that, to brush her hair, to bring her flowers, to love her. Fuck, I lost all self-respect and principles that Im used to having but oh god she is worth all of that sacrifice. 

y/n

-2 weeks later-

The weather outside kept getting colder as the autumn months were halfway through and the winter was preparing to settle outside giving everyone the feel of prickly wind. Yet the feeling of exams being over and a lot of university events coming up gave you a certain, solid amount of freedom. 

The weirdness and awkwardness between you and the younger Riddle disappeared completely, you felt really comfortable with him and loved him being around. You tried your best not to show the obvious- you had feelings for him and were hiding them as much as you could because all of that was just so so wrong. Tom still being your boyfriend but not bringing any excitement into your daily life, Mattheo being "just a friend" yet your heart screaming differently. As you suggested to him and also promised to yourself, you kept going with the flow, not having any certainty about where exactly this flow will bring you. Mattheo, however, did not, luckily, complicate things - he acted like there was neither a kiss nor a confession. But indeed it did not take away the knowledge of him having feelings towards you. 

Today was special as it was "The Game" day. A big get-together activity where all the willing students take part in the game called "Fugitives". It started precisely at 1 pm and that meant you had just 45 minutes rest to enjoy your coffee break and have a walk around the university's garden covered in hoarfrost. At some point, it became a habit to simply walk around, admire the beauty of this place, and remember your origins and how crazy all of that turned out. You truly still had a lot on your mind and processing that alone in the fresh air made your head clearer and hurt less. 

As soon as you got back to your room you bumped into Theodore walking outside your room. You are both frozen in the moment, your facial expressions changing in a matter of seconds from confusion to realization.

"Uhm, hello?" you greeted looking at him amused.

"Oh god, just don't start" he begged with a sigh.

And without giving you an opportunity to say anything cocky back he rushed to the boy's dorms.

As you stepped in you saw Pansy quickly putting her shirt on and hearing you, she spun around, blushing. 

You waited for her to say something as if anything here needed to be elaborated, but after not receiving any explanation you just mocked her,

"Nott? Seriously?" you asked grinning,

"What?", she looked in the mirror, checking if there were any traces of her doing the thing left on her face and hair, "you can't disagree, he's a hottie"

You considered commenting anything any further but you just laughed it off and got dressed for the game. 

All of the students gathered in the Main Hall for some instructions and split into teams before the game started. 

"Hello everyone", Adan spoke in rupor and all the conversations were silenced, "let us begin by introducing you to the rules and then we will distribute you all into teams. The game of this year is "Fugitives." There are 2 teams- fugitives will have to reach the final destination which is a pumpkin patch and start at the boat house at the lake. No use of broomsticks or apparitions is allowed. You can only use your feet to run and keep your wands if any spells can help you on your way. The team police have to catch and "tag" the fugitives on their run. If that happens before the time is up, the fugitive becomes the police and keeps working with them till the end of the game. The police are allowed to communicate with each other in their preferred way. The time limit is 30 minutes. Is everything clear?"