confession

~

It was that moment of the evening when everyone had found their company- some were ironically flying the brooms just like old-fashioned fairytale-like witches, the others were chugging down another decade of special alcoholic pumpkin drinks as if it was a competition on the speed, but you stuck to the ones who were sharing the spookiest stories they know.

"And then I ran for my life, not looking back and hardly breathing. When I approached the door to my dorm, I couldn't be more relieved yet my panic was back just as soon as I realised it was locked and I didn't have a key. I tried pulling the doorknob, hit it a handful of times, and then... I froze. I heard the steps right behind me real close and when I made a half turn I saw her. I knew it was the end of me and just accepted my fate," Adan completed the story, taking another sip of whatever was in his glass to forget that awful memory he had to bring up.

The girls who also sat in the circle were all looking at him, waiting for him to continue, to understand how he escaped and who or what even is what Adan called she.

"Man, you do know that a girl who wanted to fuck you for over a year at that moment, chasing you to your room is not a horror story, right?" Blaise asked, trying to somehow cover up the tone he had, full of mockery and sneer, accompanying this with a '32- teeth' smile.

Now everyone who didn't know this detail and apparently the whole story was staring at Haywood, someone angry as he wasted 10 minutes of their precious lives tonight, others disappointed as the story actually gave a good couple of shivers, some of them still questioning everything waiting for at least one person here to make it clear with the story.

"I. Was. TERRIFIED." Adan exclaimed overdramatically and then added, changing the volume of his speech like it was a rollercoaster, "Of course, it's a horror story! I bet you wouldn't want to be in my place that day huh?"

"When a girl runs after you with the only plead and it is to fuck her? Nah, never," he says sarcastically and now everyone is laughing.

You purely enjoyed the company at this very moment. Finally, after all this time you felt somewhat of a relief from drama and a mixture of too-strong feelings for too wrong people. It wasn't that you weren't happy about being with Tom, but sometimes it still felt a bit off. So even now, him not being present didn't sadden you as much as you thought it would.

Another guy, from Hufflepuff, started on his crazy scary story and you decided to take a break from listening and go outside.

As you stepped outside, in a single plain cloth you wore, your soft skin met a chilly note of wind. You unconsciously shivered, but you knew that nothing helps you clear out your head as the fresh air does. The astronomy tower has always been a place in your heart, so it was obvious you would go there any time you needed a break.

Just a couple of months ago, this reality's time, this picture wouldn't ever come out of your mind. All the scenes in the movies, pictures, and drawings, led to the constant daydreams and the thoughts that filled up your mind during the lessons as your so normal school and just overall, every day of your so normal life, this image would pop out right before your eyes.

Now, that you are here, standing on the rusty hundreds old wooden floor, holding on to the cold metal fence, and looking over the most picturesque landscape you have ever dreamed of, you still barely believe it.

Your thoughts switched to something else again. You remembered the Dark Lord, and the unsolved mystery wrapped around Him. You also remembered Draco and his betrayal and the following price he paid for that, the fight. Mattheo. You also remembered that one Riddle, who you went through a lot with on different occasions. You and your first and last interactions with him back then, in that old version of reality. All seemed so long ago, yet happened in a range of 2 months.