only one way out

~

The day has come and you have never ever felt this way before. Today, was the day when all the memories hit you. Just now you remembered, that it is another reality, in which you spent more than 4 weeks now. You tried to keep up the count of the days, to follow the time, but your new life took all over you.

It seemed like something unreal, impossible, even. But the thing was, none of it was a regular, simple dream you used to have before you found out about shifting. None of it was a fake scenario, which you created in your mind with such ease, occasionally losing the connection between these pleasant pictures that cropped up at the back of your head and the real life. It was real.

No matter what was happening to you here, you never wanted to leave this place, not getting enough of it. Because this life will always be better than the one you used to have. When all you did, was wake up every morning, times to times, hating yourself and the way you looked, annoyed by the way everyone treats you. Go to the most hated place such as college, go back home only to do homework and housework, then go to bed. It has always been this way.

All this incredibly boring routine happening again and again and again. Never different. Never exciting.

So, even going through some shitty stuff here, it seemed like a dream life with all attention you were getting and what you were doing, in general.

Today, however, was different. Only now did you actually understand, how serious this is, meeting the Dark Lord. And as Mattheo couldn't suggest a greater idea than going in there and obeying him you decided to come up with something yourself.

It was, probably, too selfish and very wrong but you had no options. You had to shift back and start all over.

You were tired of being scared or running away, you just wanted to escape all this stress and, well, responsibility. And yet you felt so guilty about this, this was the right thing to do. For your own good.

-

"Ready to go?"

Mattheo appeared right behind you, while you were standing in the middle of the huge bridge that connected the castle-like school and another land.

The air around you was dim, the clouds hung heavily above.  You didn't hear him coming, so his taut voice made you snap out of your thoughts and turn around.

"I don't think I could ever be ready to go, Riddle."

He let out a long sigh through his nose, looking down at his feet, hands in the pockets. As he moved closer, he stood by your side, watching in the same direction you did before- right ahead of, deep into the nothingness.

"You know, my mom didn't know I had to complete the tasks given by Voldemort until I was 15. She only found out when she saw Antonin Dolohov, one of Lord's followers, standing outside of our house, in the garden. He was waiting for me to come outside, he had to lead me to the forests where I would meet another victim of mine, but mom heard the noises and had to go and take a look, apparently. My life has never been the same after. She wouldn't listen to my explanations, she didn't care about me having no choice. So she abandoned me. And living with Tom and our dad under one roof was kinda..odd."

His tone was steady, making it look like it wasn't his story he was telling you.  You couldn't help but ask this one touchy and probably another painful question but you wanted to know the entire truth.

"But why? Why do you have to do it?"

"Because he chose me. I never was told why, but I guess it has something to do with my dad. Since, you know, Tom also is the one, but as I said not long ago, he gets away every time. I don't think I know anything in the whole though. My brother hides his business from me so I stopped trying to understand what is going on with him. And so is my dad."