Extra #3

It was a normal Friday afternoon until the God of Thunder and his extremely smart girlfriend decided they wanted to go to Asgard randomly. Which meant Loki had to go, because.......well, I'm not sure. There's a reason, I'm just not sure I could go into the technicality of it without getting confused myself.

All I knew was that it had something to do with a deal between the Allfather and SHIELD about Loki's probation. Interspace politics and their ensuing problems were a little out of my league.

When I said I wanted Loki to be more spontaneous, this isn't what I meant. But hey, this was a good thing. I always wanted to see where Loki was from. Impromptu vacations to Asgard sounds fun........ until you remember that your boyfriend is quite literally a god and he had an entire godly family to introduce you too. I've seen Father Of the Bride and Meet The Fockers. I knew where this was going. I think I'd rather fight HYDRA agents rather than stand in front of Odin and tell him that I'm dating his estranged son.

Even with Thor giving us the thumbs up from the sidelines, it's incredibly awkward.

"So, you are Lady Maya?" Odin asked in a booming voice. I winced as it echoed around the chamber. All the glittering gold and perfect murals on the ceiling couldn't distract me from the piercing gaze of his one good eye. Gods, it felt like I was in Fury's office when I fucked up a mission. "You are not what I expected." He said to me.

Is that a compliment? Godammit, why didn't SHEILD have any protocol on how to deal with outer-space royalty. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to bow or curtsy. Did Asgard have any sort of royal protocol that I was supposed to follow? Damn, I should've asked Thor. I tried to glance over at Loki but he was staring straight ahead, the muscles of his face twitching ever so slightly.

"Am I supposed to bow?" I asked in my mind. He still didn't look at me, I just watched as the corner of his mouth quirked up.

"Yes."

"Okay." So I did. "Your majesty—-"

Odin raised a hand, smiling a bit. "You may call me Allfather. There is no need to bow, Crowleyditter."

Thor chuckled behind me. I shot him a dirty look which only made him smile more.

"Thank you, Allfather......Sir?

"Most welcome." He stood up from his throne, his spear on hand as he descended the stairs.

Next to me, Loki stood up a bit taller. His hands were in front of him, fiddling with his fingers as his father grew closer. Thor was next to him as if he had sensed his brothers' unease. I silently thanked him in my mind. Odin stood in front of us, dressed in gold armour and a bright red cape similar to Thor's. His one good eye shifted between Loki and eye, scrutinizing us. For a second I thought that his eye glimmered but when I blinked it was gone.

The whole court was here, all of them were staring at us. Loki......for obvious reasons, and me......for reasons I didn't know.

I'm off to a great start.

I wondered if this is how Jane felt when she came to Asgard for the first time. I'm sure that it took some time for him to warm up to her.

"I am surprised my son had chosen you. Thor has his Lady Jane, and now my other son had decided to pursue you. I hope you are worthy of him, Lady Maya" He said, his voice echoing around the chambers. "Banished or not, he is a prince of Asgard."

"Actually," Loki took my hand in his. "I hope that I'm worthy of her, Father."

That caused quite a stir around the crowd that was gathered. I thought they were here to see Thor since he was their future king but now I realize they were here to see Loki.....and his prize from Earth. Those pretentious assholes. Who did they think they were judging me?