29

I had spent a week with mom before coming back to New York. Mom headed back to London to deal with the embassy while I dealt with Stark and his party. Stark threw a big bash inviting everyone and anyone to celebrate. Of course like most typical Stark parties, it was a classy sort of event that turned crazy with the right amount of alcohol.

I spent the good majority of the night playing cards with Bucky and trying my best to stay away from the booze although that failed immediately when I took a couple shots of tequila.

Nat had found me secluded in my corner and decided to drag me out to the dance floor.

"I don't think that this is a good idea!" I yelled over the music.

I weaved my way through the crowd, trying my best not to touch anyone. With my cuffs off, I could feels everyone's heartbeats as they beat in tune with the base.

It was overwhelming but the fact that everyone wasn't dead was proof that I had control.

"Just try!" Nat said holding onto my hand and a drink in another.

"What do I do?" I asked.

"Dance," she said as she swung her hips. "Get into the beat. Hang loose. Have some fun."

Though I'll probably look back at this night and think 'what the fuck was I doing' I will admit that it was difficult to dance in heels. I awkwardly shuffled to the heavy bass, trying not to slip or fall. The tequila that was in my system wore off by then.

Eventually the tempo slowed down into a slow song. Soon the groups of people disbanded into couples.

Natasha had already abandoned me choosing to slow dance with Bruce. I awkwardly made my way over back to my previous spot and sat down, quietly watching. I took another shot of tequila which were slowly making its way into my system. Bucky was already on the dancefloor with a pretty blonde. Steve wasn't too far away with his own date, Sharon.

"I must say you look bored, Maya." Loki appeared next to me dressed in a dapper black suit with a white silk shirt and a matching free tie. He slicked his hair back, pulling it into a mini pony tail that actually worked for him.

I saw girls across the room glancing at Loki slightly.

I rolled my eyes at the thought of his fangirl army crashing the party for him.

"I'm at one of Starks infamous party's and quite frankly, it isn't what I thought it would be."

"And what would you thought it would be?" He asked sipping his drink.

"Chaotic." I took a sip of water trying to sober up. "This is more tame. I've heard his parties in Malibu are way different."

"Compared to this gathering of human pheromones Asguardian parties are a bit more......"

"Wild?"

"For a lack of better words, yes."

"Do you want to dance?" I asked him over the music. "What do you think, Trickster?"

It might have been the shots of tequila taking but who gave a shit if Loki and I danced together on New Years?

"Unusually forward of you, Maya." He said, putting down his glass and offering me his hand. "But yes, I accept your offer. Let's dance, shall we?"