18

I was sitting there moping while the Avengers were out saving New York City from an attack. Again.

Hell, even Loki was out there and here I was stuck in the tower.

I was watching the news coverage. It was showing Steve and Thor as they battled back a swarm of soldiers and saved a group of citizens. The on ground news anchor prattled on frantically as she tried to get a quote from Steve.

"This sucks, Trix!" I fed her a piece of lettuce that I chopped earlier.

She made a small noise, I didn't know if she was agreeing with me or wanted something else other than lettuce. Trix rested on my shoulder, pecking at my hair. I gently petted her head with my finger.

No matter how much I wanted to forget Stark's words played in my head over and over again. He wasn't wrong about the fact that I signed a paper to become part of this team and he wasn't wrong about my former alias.

Rose Red was a facade that was created and she spilt too much blood. Behind her was me, her conscious, who moped up all that blood. My hands were covered in the blood of her victims while she continued to wrack up a body count.

Picking up Trix, I place her back onto my pillow.

An explosion rocked the tower, making it shake. I ran over to my window, looking down as a fucking tank rolled past the street. The people screamed as more explosions went off. I could hear them all the way from up here.

I say fuck it.

I'm sick of being on the sidelines.

"Wish me luck, Trix!"

I grabbed my guns and knifes as I threw my coat over my shoulder. As I buttoned down, I summoned the elevator.

Who gave a shit if I was disobeying orders?!

Fury could court martial me later when the threat was over.

Right now the Avengers need me even if they didn't want me there.

---------

The street was absolute chaos as civilian laid either dead on the floor or ran for their lives.

The tank that was here earlier left a heap of a mess that needed to be cleaned up. Cars were still on fire as I followed it's tracks.

Not too far from my location were a group of civilians that were being held hostage. I peeked from a corner to see a number of soldiers holding guns. They were gonna execute these people all right.

I couldn't just go guns blazing in there. I could hit a civilian and I didn't need anymore innocent blood on my hands.

That left me with an option that I really didn't want to use but what choice did I get. These people were gonna die if I didn't get out there.

You were probably thinking this is where Maya would rip off her cuffs and go in their using her powers as heroic music (preferably Han Zimmer) would play in the background as I took these guy out, right?

Wrong. Dead wrong.

Let me tell you why.

One, using my powers to take down this many people would exhaust all my energy and I might just go into a coma.