20

A/N: Boy, this is gonna be a long and dark chapter. You have been warned.

I drifted in and out of consciousness as the helicopter flew away from New York. My vision was hazy and my hearing was distant.

My side hurt, my head throbbed and my throat felt like sandpaper  but I was alive. For now and that's all that mattered. The only thing I concerned myself with was getting out of this mess.

"Ah! She's awake!" I jolted myself out my stupor, knocking my head again the wall. "A little jumpy, aren't you?"

My eyes finally stopped seeing double as my vision focused.

"Maya, baby!" The girl in front of me chirped excitingly. "How are you?"

I didn't say anything at all, I just glared at her. I lunged at her only to be stopped by the handcuffs around my wrists. Smart move. She was lucky these were stopping me. I might have felt and looked like shit but that didn't mean that I counts still kill somebody.

Miriam Anwar, sister to Amid Anwar.

Also know as Snow White for her seductive and deadly ways. She sat across from me were white from head to toe. White jacket with a white tee shirt over white jeans and white shoes. She must have looked like an angel dressed like that but I knew better.

She was the devil in disguise.

"Somebody's grumpy!" Miriam smirked.

"You're suppose to be dead."

"Do I look dead to you?" She asked, sharply.

"No but you're gonna wish you were, Miriam."

"Bold words but they're empty, Maya." Amid said rolling his eyes. "Drop the bravado act, kid. Shut up and sit down."

I looked over the both of them.

There were no indications of burn marks, not even a hint of a scar on her face. I watched Amid burn and I watched Miriam bleed to death. There should have been no way that these two had survived. I had set the bomb and watched as their legacy went up in flames.

In the pit of my stomach a bad feeling arose.

If these two were alive then that meant that he was alive. The King wanted to see me. He would most definitely kill me for what I had to done to their family.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked ignoring Amid's previous command.

"We're not telling you." Amid said. He sat back in his seat, arms crossed as he watched the smoke rise from the horizon.

An hour passed and any indication of land was long gone.

"Tell me something." He turned his gaze away from the sea and looked down at me. "Did you really think that you killed us?"

I felt the pain return to my hand. It creeped up my arms, towards my shoulders. I gritted my teeth as I tried my best to ignore him. Then I felt a twisting pain in my chest and I couldn't help but to scream. It was agonizing as my insides felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. My vision blacked in and out as I collapsed against my seat.

"Did you, Maya?" He asked me again.

"Yes!" I screamed out.

"I don't believe you." Miriam said in a sickly sweet voice that swam through my ears and clouded my brain. It was stuck in my mind like moss to a window, stubborn and adhesive.