3

"I hate this," I said to Fury. "And I also hate you."

"In a few miles, we'll drop you a couple of miles from where the Avengers are being kept. We can't infiltrate the compound but someone with you abilities can," Fury said, completely ignoring my previous comment.

"So," I yelled over the wind. "I just have to get in there and bust out the Avengers? How the hell do I know where their being kept?! How the fuck did they even get caught?! They're the goddamned Avengers?!"

Fury threw me a small device. I caught it and pressed the green button on top. A holographic map showed up of the compound and four red dots in one room.

"I'm assuming that's them."

"Those would be Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers, Agent Barton and Sargent Barnes."

"Do the Avengers get caught all the time?" I scoffed. "So much for Earth's Mightiest Heroes."

"Sir, we're one klicks away from the drop zone!" The pilot announced.

I grabbed a long sleeved coat and pulled it on. I made sure that my gun was on me along with my knifes and the rest of my mini arsenal.

"So how do we do this?" I asked as the ground came closer and closer. "Do I jump or do I wait for you to land and then get-"

"Alright, Agent. Good luck!" Fury said.

The Quinn Jet didn't slow down so that mean only one option.

I jumped.

You probably thought that I stuck a superhero landing, right? Nope. 

I tumbled face first   into a pile of  snow soon after as Fury and his stupid jet took off, leaving me alone in some snow covered forest. You'd think that snow would break the landing but no, its like getting hit in the face by frostbite.

I tasted iron on the tip of my tongue. I spat out some blood. Gods, I would need to have the looked at. 

"Agent 20, I'm your supervising officer for this mission. My name is Agent Richards. The compound where four of our assets are being held is due north of you. Once you reach the compound, find the assets. Under no circumstances are you to be compromised. Is that clear, Agent?"

"Clear, Richards. I'll tell you when I get to the compound. Over," I said. I waited for the signal to die out before I muttered curses underneath my breath.

I was wearing a coat and gloves but I was still freezing my ass off. If I got back to S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ, I'm going to make sure that I got rid of this coat. It was only suppose to keep me warm but it was failing miserably.

I should have stayed in that cell.

**********

"Go to Norway, he said. I'm positive about this site, he said. You know what I say, I say Tony screwed up majorly," Clint complained as he sulked in his cell. "That's right. Nobody can hear me."

"We can hear you, Clint," Natasha groaned from her cell. "So any idea why Fury told us to stay put instead of escaping?"

"Does he always complain this much, Steve?" Bucky asked in the adjacent cell.

"Not usually. No."

"He just babbles, I've learned to mostly tune it out," Natasha shrugged as she tried to find a way through these cells that they were held in.

"Hey!"

"Anything in your cell, Rogers?"

"Sorry, Nat," Steve had gave up hours ago trying to find a way out. "Is Fury testing us or something?