34

I made an aesthetic for Maya. What do you think?
It's not that good but as usual I try my best.

********

********

"Come in," Dad said, placing an arm around my shoulders. "We can have dinner. It's been a while since we've all had dinner together."

He reached out his hand, asking for the dagger. I brushed his hand off me, telling him to fuck off with my eyes rather than my lips. Dad must've got the message because he smiled coldly as if I had told him something funny.

Gods, my family was fucked up.

The cabin was small, I could tell it was just for a weekend getaway for one. There was a fireplace, a table and a tiny Kitchenette. Opposite of the fireplace was a door to what I assumed to me the bed room.

"You take forever," Mimi said leaning against the back of her chair. "You know that, kiddo?"

She was dressed impeccably in white as usual. Around her shoulders was draped a white fur coat, under that was a white pantsuit. The only thing that was t white was her bow tie that stood out stark red like a drop of blood in snow.

Amid was more or less dressed for the occasion in all black (minus the fur) contrasting Miriam, his tie was an ice blue.

Mom was next to him unconscious, slumped in her chair as he arms were bound behind her. My heart wrenched in my chest and there was a lump in my throat, I wanted to cry out and go to her but this wasn't the time emotions. We could have a reunion when she was safe.

That is if I made it out in one piece.

"Alright, assholes." I said sitting down at the opposite end of the table. If they were surprised by my use of language they didn't show it. "I'm here now so cut the bullshit and let mom go. That was the deal, my life for hers. I even brought this stupid USB drive."

If mom woke up, I'm pretty sure she would want to kick my ass for doing this.

"Strait to the point as ever," Amid drawled as he picked at the food in his plate. "Alright then, we want you. Specifically your blood. If you fight back or doing anything, we'll kill her before you can stop our hearts."

"Why would you need my blood?" I asked. "Didn't you get that already? I'm assuming you need me for experiments."

"And I'm assuming you don't know whats on that USB you stole?" Dad asked. "I know Dr. Bahl was cautious but encrypting his files and then hiding it away in a flash drive is a bit too much."