30

Seattle was frequented by storms, maybe that was why Emilia Crowley liked it so much. It reminded her of home. Not the home that Raza and her had shared in Egypt but her proper home, England. The weather was pretty similar to London down to the constant drizzling and clouds.

Maya had hated it in Seattle, she'd always prefer sunny places or at least anyplace where she could see the blue sky.

Emilia wondered into her home, ignoring the dark and gloomy atmosphere that held its sway. It wasn't her fault that her house was beautiful on the outside and dreary within. She always blamed her lack of caring for not repainting the walls a much more cheerful color. She grimaced as she kicked off her shoes. Another thing Maya had hated, as if the list wasn't long enough already.

The fridge hummed quietly as she opened it, grabbed a well deserved water bottle and then sat down on a bar stool close to the kitchen island. Right now her feet ached from wearing those gods awful heels.

The silence in the house mixed in with the depressing atmosphere further dampening her mood. Her mind was too pre occupied by the thought of her daughter. They had spent two weeks before she went back to New York and it went by so fast, it was almost like whiplash to her but Maya was a woman. She could take care of herself and Emilia begrudgingly accepted that fact.

Emilia laid her head on the table suddenly feeling woozy. Maybe she was working too hard? Or maybe she was getting old?

It felt hard to breathe and her chest tightened unbearably. Gasping at the sudden loss of breath she felt her balance tip which caused her to fall to the floor. The pain was barely registered because there were worse things to worry about at the moment.

For example, the taste of sedatives that coated her mouth.

At this point she could barely sit up, much less fight the effects. A pair of boots stopped in front of her face. It was fuzzy to make out a face but it was the voice that was the give away.

"Emilia," a cold and clipped voice said. Her vision was the first to go but she didn't have to look to know that voice. "It has been a long, long time."

She would've chuckled sardonically at that statement if she could. However at this point her senses were shutting down.

"I'm sorry it's come down to this." He placed her hand on her head, stroking the blonde locks. "But i need our daughter back."

She wanted to yell at him, scream at hit but her mind felt clouded and disillusioned like a dense fog had rolled over.

"Don't worry," he said. "Just go to sleep."

Finally, she lost consciousness.
The thought on her mind was her daughter who she desperately hoped was safe but she knew that was wishful thinking. 

A/N: sorry. This is really, really short!