12

Heels had to be the most ridiculous yet amazing that has ever been made. They hurt like a bitch but at least they make you look taller.

Pepper had picked them out with me along with the dress. I couldn't argue, but her and Natasha knew what was up.

"You got your invitation?" Mia asked me.

"Got it."

Mia Ferway, SHIELD agent and Agent Richards colleague----aka girlfriend who he tried to cheat on with----who was nice enough to supervise this operation.

She zipped up my dress as I tried to fix my hair.

I was getting ready in a van because it was the least conspicuous way. I didn't want anyone to know about what I was doing tonight.

Only Natasha knew about this so she gave me a gun to strap onto my heel and an emergency tracker is anything was to happen.

The dress that Pepper had picked out was nice.

Navy blue with lace sleeves and pretty designs on the front. Easy to move in and not too tight. Just perfect. Easy to fight in too.

"You sure you want to go at this alone?" Mia asked as she passed me my gun. I tucked it into a thigh sheath. At least I would have some type of weapon. "I brought another dress just in case."

"I'm positive."

"Whatever you're doing make sure that you're sure about it."

"Trust me, Mia. I'm sure about it."

I placed the pins in my hair so that it wouldn't get in the way. Thankfully, Pepper was able to get me into a salon last minute. They were able to fix my hair so that it would try to attack anybody.

"Don't forget these," Mia passed me a pair of gold earrings.

"The most important part," Agent Richards said sarcastically from his seat. He stopped humming for a moment. "So let's go over this one more time. What is your name?"

Agent Richards was a guy outside the Avengers who I had asked to escort me to this event.

Was he happy about the fact I was doing unsupervised fieldwork? No. did Fury force him into doing this? Yes.

"Miss Miriam Yosef," I said, smoothing down my hair.

"What is your profession?"

"I'm a pre med student from UCLA who was invited to this event by a well meaning professor."

"And who's your professor?"

"You. Who else, Agent Richards?" He gave me a silent glare. "Fine. My professor is Dr. James Saroyan---not related to the Dr. Saroyan from Bones---who was kind enough to invite me and a few other students to this event."

"Yeah. I say she's good," Agent Richards got out of the van and extending his hand to me. "Shall we?"

I hoped out of the van without holding onto his hand and started to make my way down to the NYU building that the main event was being held at. Mia closed the door behind me as Agent Richards ran to catch up with me.

"Can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear, Mia."

"You know it's rude to leave your escort behind like that," Agent Richards said as he straitened his bow. "Why am I doing this again?"