1

The voices of the guards rang close by and I was half tempted to yell at them to shut up.

That would have been a bad idea because I had no intention on getting on their bad side, especially so early in the morning.

I needed those morons for things that were hard to get, such as pineapples and books.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I tossed the covers off me.

There was nothing like the sound of prison in the morning. I stretched and then dropped down to the floor.

For five years I kept up my work out routine.

One hundred push ups, sit ups, pulls and so on.

The man who put me here was kind enough to give me a punching bag to release all my pent up anger. Trust me, there was a lot. No wonder there were guards in front of the door to my cell every waking moment.

Too bad they didn't shut up.

Luckily, I had a calendar to keep track of the days I had spent in solitary confinement.

Speaking of my cell, it was a cozy, snug place mind the drafts. It had its own bathroom, a bookshelf, a tiny wardrobe, a small cot and a desk. It was more life a nice apartment way out in the Atlantic. I couldn't complain, it was better than most prisons.

I heard my cell door open behind and the steps of a couple of guards with bored expressions. I get up and pull my white jumpsuit over my shoulders, underneath I wore a black tank top drenched in sweat.

"You have a visitor!" Guard number one said.

"What visitors?" I asked, tugging my hair into a low pony tail. "I thought that I don't get any visitors."

"You don't," the second guard said. "But this is important. I suggest you don't bad mouth him or else."

"Oooh, scary."

Neither of them said anything.

I rolled my eyes, waving my hand to dismiss them. "You two are no fun."

I turned around to meet see a familiar face, one I haven't seen in the last five years.

"Director Fury," I greeted.

"I believe that was one of your conditions but this is a unique situation." he said as he sat down on a stool across from me. "Take a seat, Maya. I'm short on time so we have only five minutes before I leave."

The guards seemed reluctant to leave but Fury glared at them with his one good eye.

"Director," I said, curtly as I say down on my bed. "What brings you to my humble jail cell?"

"I need you to come with me, Maya."

"What?"  I asked confused.

"I need your help," he said. "Three days ago, someone broke into several of our black sites. They've all been hit in the last several months and--"

"Does this have anything to do with me?"

"Yes." He pulled out a yellow envelope from his jacket. "We believe that you are next and since your abilities are too dangerous, I've decided to put you with a team of people who are also enhanced. This is the letter that states that you are now apart of the-"