24

So much for being friendly with Loki.

He avoided me for weeks like I was the plague.

Hell, he even stopped coming into my room. I guess that's a good thing but oddly enough (even if I'll never admit it to anybody) I missed his silent presence as the both of us read.

Today i found a stack of books at my door. Neatly on top was a note from Loki. If only said: Thanks for the books. I suppose I won't know what happens to the Boy Who Lived.

I suppose that I should feel guilty and I knew this was his way of emotionally manipulating me but I didn't give in. If Loki wanted to act like a child, he could. I'd be sitting at the grown ups table if he needed me. I picked them up and proceeded to stack them on my shelves.

A couple of days later, I learned that is was a really bad idea to piss of the God of Mischief and Lies.

So I learned at our weekly 'lessons.'

"Your main goal is to stop being afraid of your powers," Loki said as he paced across the mat. "Own your powers. Make them your own. Break it's spirit until it submits to your will. You are the master, it is a slave."

"A bit dark, don't you think?" Stark asked over to speakers. "Do you say that to all women you meet, Reindeer Games?"

"Silence, Stark!" Loki hissed.

I was sitting in the middle of the fighting mat. A barrier had been put up by Loki, surrounding the both of us as we practiced in trying to use my powers. It was to make sure that if I lost control, I wouldn't hurt anybody.

The Avengers thought it was a good idea to let Loki train me.

I thought they were idiots. I thought having Wanda as my teacher would've been better but even she suggested Loki because he had 'experience' in stuff like this.

Bullshit.

I was lucky he hadn't tried to sneak into my room and try to kill me after our little disagreement.

I concentrated as I closed my eyes to lower my body temperature and my heartbeat. My wrists were free of the cuffs at the moment thanks to Natasha.

Now if only I could get Loki to stop monologuing.......

"One day you will have to use your powers. You're fighting skills will fail you and your friends will not be there," he said as he circled me, twirling his staff in his hand. "Who will protect you then? A Battle isn't won simply by being stronger but by being smarter than your enemy as well."

"How'd that work out for you, Antlers?" Clint said from the booth.

Loki turned around, glaring at the booth. The temperature of the gym lowered significantly and I rubbed my arms to keep warm.

"Hey, Elsa!" I called out. "Can you keep together for five minutes!?"

"Silence!" He hissed at me and then turned back to the booth. "I can make is so that you can feel ants crawling all over you and birds scratching out your eyes, Archer. Do not tempt me today."

To quote Clint, someone had their bitchflakes this morning.

I opened my eyes and let out a deep breath.