5

Avengers Tower was a fascinating marvel to look at. Almost as tall as the Empire State and state of the art. I suppose that's to be expected when it's owned by the famous---or shall I say infamous---genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

"There's the Russisn Gang plus one!" The supposedly egotistical bastard said. "So this is the new kid?"

"Kid?" I asked as I turned to Clint. He shrugged.

"You'll get used to him," he whispered. "Welcome to-"

"Welcome to Avenger's Tower or shall I call it Stark Tower since I'm the one who pays for everything outside of SHIELD," he said as he put a hand on my shoulder.

I gritted my teeth and took a step back. He shot me a weird look but otherwise kept on talking about himself or something. I wasn't exactly paying attention.

In all honesty, I was expecting him to be.....taller. All he wore was a AC/DC shirt invest some faded jeans. In his hand he held a glass of scotch (a bit to early for a liquid lunch if you ask me) and a phone in his other hand.

"Hey!"

"Sorry," I grumbled. "It's nice to meet you, I suppose."

"You suppose?!" He asked as if I had offended his ancestors cat or something. "I am hurt. You should be happy to see me. Every newbie may wanna learn a thing or two about----"

"But I don't know you, Mr. Stark--"

This man was exasperating and loud. 

"Don't say Mr. Stark. You make me sound old."

"Aren't you in your mid thirties or something?" I asked. "Technically you're old in my book, Mr. Stark."

"I don't like your attitude," he sniffed.

"I don't like you," I fired out without thinking.

Bad idea.

"You have a big mouth."

"You have a big ego."

Shit. Why did I say that?!

"Someone had their bitchflakes this morning? Tell me, do you naturally wake up on the wrong side of the bed or is your hair just like that?"

"Sorry. At least I don't wake up with a hangover everyday. The AA group called, they lost a frat boy."

"Oh....," Clint said.

"Shit.....," Nat finished.

"I like her," Steve said as he watched her get under Tony's skin.

"Oh, you really wanna watch where you're going with that, kid." Tony stark stepped up to me looking me dead in the eye. He wore a sarcastic smile but I could see that in his eyes, he didn't like me very much. I decided that it was best if I didn't underestimate Tony Stark.

"Maybe I won't, Mr. Stark."

The corner of his lips curled up just a bit more and I could hear what he was going to say before it even left his lips.