4

After I had been sent to the Med bay to take care of some of the cuts and bruises I'd revive, I had been ordered to go to Fury's office to meet my new team.

Joy.

"This is Maya," Fury said as he gestured to me. "She'll be joining you from now on."

"I still hate you," I muttered underneath my breath.

"Just stay with these guys and follow my orders. Maybe it won't be as bad," he murmured back. "And I know you don't mean that."

"I doubt that," I scoffed.

I was still sore after the whole mission so I had an ice pack on my head from where a guard had punched me too hard.

"Hey," The one with the bow and arrow said. He placed a matching ice pack on his head. "Welcome to the team."

"Thanks," I said, my voice dripping with slightly sarcasm. "I'm so glad I could be here."

"Someone had their bitchflakes this morning?" He teased.

"Language!" Captain America weakly said from his side of the table.

"Did he seriously just say language?" I asked.

I leaned against the wall as Fury sat down at the front of the table. There were three of the Avengers plus one former weapon of war at this table, all of them staring at me. I felt uncomfortable as they stared me down.

Fury cleared his voice bringing back attention to himself.

"As I said earlier," he said. "This is Maya. She'll be under your supervision until I see it fit to-" Natasha Romanoff raised her hand as she peered over Fury's shoulder to look at me. "Yes, Romanoff?"

"I'm not trying to be rude here but what credentials does she have to join the Avengers?"

"Same credentials as you, Red Riding Hood," I said without hesitation. "Only there isn't a world ending apocalypse event or an alien army out there. At least I hope there isn't. That would suck."

"I understood that reference," Steve Rogers spoke up.

They all gave him an odd look before they turned their attention back to me.

"Behave, Maya. You're not-"

"I'll be an angel, sir."

I could literally see Fury count to ten in his mind before taking a deep breath.

"As I was saying, she'll be with the Avengers until I see it fit to remove her. Any info on her will be on a need-to-know-basis and will be considered zero priority," he said gravely

"I'm right here, Fury. Right here."

"I'm aware. Agent Romanoff with be your S.O. Any problem with that?"

"No," the both of said.

"Good," he said. "That's one thing off my list."

**********

"Again," Romanoff said as she finished beating the crap out of me.