7

After that lovely bonding experience, I officially know that the last five Harry Potter films went way of course from the books and were terrible.  Everything up to the Prisoner of Askaban was perfect in my opinion. 

The next day wasn't as fun.

Let's just say I went on my first official mission with the Avengers and I discovered something that I really shouldn't have.

"Watch your six!" Someone yelled from my comm unit.

I spun around in time to shoot the bastard that tried to pull a sneak attack on me. I was slowly getting used to using my guns again.

I checked his pulse to make sure. There was a pulse but I had a feeling that he wouldn't have it for much longer.

Life---regardless of what side anyone chooses----is precious.

But that's for peacenicks. I wasn't some naive little girl who was too scared to take a human life. I've seen dead people, some by my hand and some by others.

I had to kill if I wanted to survive. It didn't matter if I belonged to the Avengers or not.

Maybe killing those who deserve to die would ease my conscious. It wasn't a reassuring thought but it was of some comfort.

"Targets neutralized, Cap."

"Good work, Maya. Regroup with Barton."

"Roger, Rogers," I said before moving out of the room and into the next corridor.

Why do villains like complex warehouses with a labyrinth of hallways?

Does it come in a book called 'How to be a Villain: A guide for Evil Wannabes?'

"Did she just make a joke?" Sam said somewhere in the background. "Or was that a clever Star Wars reference."

"Falcon, if I wanted to make a credible Star Wars quote then I would quote from the original."

"Less talk, more focus."

"Sorry, Widow. I'm on the second floor," I peeked out from the window where I was hidden. So far Stark and Bruce (or shall I say the Hulk) were taking out the tank that the baddies sent it to obliterate us. "Barton, I don't see you."

"There's way too much going on in my sector," the background noises were enough to tell me he was in a tight spot. "Get up to the fourth floor, I'll meet you there."

"There's too many of these guys. Someone needs to get there. ASAP." Captain America said.

"No shit!" I growled as I grabbed my gun, switching on the safety.

"Language!"

I guess my first official mission with the Avengers wasn't going as well as I thought. I think they were testing my abilities to handle myself. So far, so good but I had a feeling my luck was going to run out.

It usually does.

The staircase looked rusted and fragile but they were all I got. Good thing that I was light on my feet.