27

Remember what I said about that mission being simple?

Yeah.......about that.

"Was it such a wise choice to taunt him?" Loki asked as the both of us had our back pressed against a boulder.

"How was I suppose to know he would turn into that?" I growled at him.

"If only sarcasm was a weapon," he said, mostly to himself. "I think they are  gone."

A large ball of fire sailed past the boulder that the both of us were hiding behind.

"Want to jinx this even more?!" I yelled as I pulled out my guns.  The both of us ducked down as another came right after, nearly burning my hair

"Run?" He asked.

"Run." I agreed.

The both of us sprinted into the forest, not looking back at what was was chasing us.

Our target wasn't a person as I thought he would be but rather another enhanced soldier that turned into a giant lizard that spat fireballs.

How lovely.

"How do we kill it?" Loki asked me.

"We can't. Richards said to bring him in alive so they can reverse the process!"

"Who cares what that fool thinks? We need to save ourselves."

"Stick to the mission, Trickster!" I jumped, sailing over a fallen tree in my path. "How good are you at climbing?"

"Decent. Do you have a plan?"

"Good," I said as I skidded to a stop. "I'll distract it and you'll take it out! Got that?!"

"Are you insane?!" He growled. "How's that a plan?!"

"Maybe," I shrugged. "A bit more that I anticipated. Why? Do you have a better one?" I challenged.

"How am I going to take it down?! And how are you even going to distract such a thing? Think this through!" Loki said, more like yelled at me.

"Oh shut up and trust me!" I ran ahead.

I assumed that Loki had already climbed a tree, staying in place for an ambush. I had my gun in one hand and a smoke bomb in the other. Bring it on you scaly son of a bitch! We're ready for you!

The sounds died down. I didn't hear his screeching anymore.

It was quiet, too fucking quiet and I knew that I had fucked up. I ran from my hiding spot and hit the ground. The next thing I know I'm laying facedown in the snow as fire flew over my head. I curled into a ball as the snow melted and sizzled. It stopped long enough for me to get up and run for a tree where I hid behind it. I pulled out my 9mm, waiting for the roaring to die down so that I could run.

I got up quickly, shooting him in the face. I managed to hit it in the eyes. It roared loudly flicking it's tail. I ducked just in time as it's tail whipped past me.

"Now!"

Loki came out of the trees, throwing a barrier between us. He landed next to me swiftly.

"This seems too easy." He said. "This is the mission SHIELD assigns to me?"

"Yeah but at least we get out of the tower." I said keeping my gun trained on the hostile. "So how are you going to knock him out?"