15

Brown eyes trailed the dark haired girl as she walked arm in arm with an unfamiliar man and a blonde God.

Her eyes could see through the glamor that covered them. It was a weak and flimsy one that needed much more work.

She recognized the blonde man. Even though there was no hammer or bright red cape, she knew that this was the infamous Thor of the Avengers.

Slinking back into the shadows, her eyes were trained on the girl.

So much anger and hate radiated through her. With a snap of her fingers, she could make her darkest nightmares come true but she didn't because she had a much more crueler fate planned for this one. For the betrayal and for the deceit, she would make sure that Maya suffered.

The scars underneath her jacket were reason enough.

"Let her go," the man behind her said. "For now, let her think she is safe. Our time will come soon."

The man lowered his shades and smiled wickedly. She never likes the smile. Even when they were children, that smile meant that he was thinking of something truly wicked.

"How much longer, brother?" she hissed. "I've been waiting."

"Patience, sister." He chuckled as he sipped his coffee. He handed her a cup. "It's a virtue."

"It's a pain in the ass." She scowled deeply as she took a sip of the hot beverage.

"And so are you but I'm not complaining."

"Amid," she hissed. "You're an idiot. I'm talking about Maya."

"I know."

Amid's eyes trailed the girl across the street. It had been five years and Maya had indeed grown. She was no longer the scared sixteen year old that they had known, now she was a strong and dangerous women.

As strong as she was, she had too many weaknesses. All of which these two would gladly exploit.

However, that would be too easy.

They wanted her to suffer. They wanted to tear her apart as they took everything away from her until there was nothing left but a husk.

Her family, her dignity, her sanity.

All of it.