Ch. 5 - Advisor

We were all back in our apartment and Sam was washing her face after I accidentally spit water all over her. It's not my fault!

"Nat, I swear if I didn't love you. I'd kill you!" Sam grumbled.

"Oh, I have no doubt that you would," I laughed but also secretly thinking there are many more reasons why'd she'd want to kill me.

"Hey, Emma. I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier. That was uncalled for. I know you were just looking out for me, and I am really grateful for it," I told her honestly, trying to end the argument earlier.

"It's my fault too, Nat. I know you are very capable of looking after yourself. I just...well I get very protective of you...All of you. You are like my family," She smiled warmly.

"Alright enough with the mushiness! We all love each other! Now can we move on!" Sam rolled her eyes and we all laughed in agreement.

I decided I had enough drama for the day, so I put off seeing my advisor about a schedule change until tomorrow. I spent the rest of the day watching some shows or reading for my classes. I luckily didn't have class today so I could take a break.

-----------------------------------------------------

The next day I got myself ready to go see my advisor and head to the gym after. Kill two birds with one stone as the advising office is right next to the gym. I waited in the lobby for my advisor to finish up with other students. I didn't have to wait long before the office door flung open and to my shock, Dillan, Sabrina, and Kyle stormed out of my advisor's office with pure anger in their eyes. What the hell were they doing?

"Nat?" Kyle looked at me in confusion.

"Uh hey, guys..." I responded just as confused to see them.

"What are you doing here?" Sabrina asked.

"To be honest I wanted to see if I could get out of taking a history class for my degree."

They all looked at one another with a knowing look. "Good luck with that..." Sabrina said, "well I have to get to class. I'll be seeing you guys." I smiled and wished her a good day and looked back at the two boys. They looked like they were having a silent conversation with one another before I interrupted.

"Well, I need to talk to the advisor, so I'll see you guys later."

"Actually, Nat why don't I wait for you? It looks like you're going to the gym too and I need a gym buddy." Dillan said anxiously.

I was confused as to why he was so anxious. Dillan and I worked out together all the time and we usually just met at the gym.

"I'd love to Dillan, but you really don't need to wait-"

"I insist!" He interrupted. Weird but I just shrugged and told him okay.

"Ms. Xavier?" A woman walked out of her office with searching eyes.

Fuck. Now I know why everyone was acting weird and why Dillan was waiting for me. The woman was stunning with a tall slim frame and long black hair. Her eyes though...they were an unnatural honey color. Another vampire.

An unnerving smile pulled at her lips when our eyes met, and I felt my heart rate pick up slightly. Breathe, Nat, Breathe. I gave her my signature innocent smile to disarm her.

"Here! Nice to meet you," I said as I reached to shake her hand. Kill her with kindness.

She looked me up and down as her smile grew wider. "Oh, I am very pleased to finally meet you." She said why firmly shaking my hand.