Ch. 21 - Breakfast

"MORNING GUYS!" screamed a voice so loud that it made my head want to explode. I opened my eyes to look for the person that I was about to murder only to be blinded by bright light as the curtains flung open. I groaned loudly wanting to die and I heard a familiar sinister laugh.

"Who let the devil in the house?" I groaned squeezing my eyes shut in pain from the light.

"Is that any way to greet your date, little one?" I could feel her smirking.

"Don't you have to be invited in or something?" Sam groaned next to me. We all got way too drunk last night and passed out in the living room.

"I see where Nat gets her sense of humor from," Cari said unamused at Sam. I giggled and rubbed my eyes trying to adjust to the light.

Once I could see properly I looked around the room. Sam's head was on my lap on the couch while I was lying practically on top of Emma who had her arm wrapped around me and her head on the armrest. While Sabrina fell asleep on the loveseat with Liz wrapped up in her arms and nuzzled into her chest and Dillan and Kyle passed out on the floor with Dillan's arm on Kyle's back. I couldn't help but laugh looking at all of us pretty much cuddling.

"So I missed the orgy last night I see," Cari said smirking and leaning on the door frame leading to the living room.

"That's weird I could have sworn I invited you," I said sarcastically, "must have forgotten." I shrugged.

"I see we're playing with fire early little one..." Cari taunted as she walked closer to me with a devilish grin plaster on her face. My heart rate picked up and I unconsciously tried to back away only to realize I was only pushing myself further into the couch. I had nowhere to go...

Emma stood up and stopped Cari from reaching me.

"You're giving her a heart attack," Emma said angrily at Cari. Was my heart really that loud?

"She's fine," Cari glared at Emma, "now step out of my way."

Emma took a step forward as if daring Cari to do something. Cari just smirked and I knew that was my cue to intervene before Cari did something stupid.

"Who's hungry?" I yelled to the group stepping in between the two glaring alphas. "Cari why don't you help me make breakfast for everyone." I grabbed Cari and pulled her away from Emma who she still had her eyes locked onto.

"Oh, please I need food to get over this hangover," Dillan groaned rubbing his head.

"Well dumbass you're the one who thought we should all take shots so you're helping too!" I told him.

"Fineeee" Dillan groaned walking to the kitchen with us.

"Cari why don't you start by washing the potatoes," I smiled at her warmly and her eyes softened as if the fight with Emma never happened.

"Of course sweetheart," she kissed my cheek and all the heat rose to my face as I blushed brightly.

Cari laughed, "You're so cute when you blush."

"I don't know what you're talking about..." I mumbled and hid my face. She just laughed harder.

"Dillan you make the bacon and I'll make the eggs."

"Yes ma'am" Dillan mockingly saluted at me and I rolled my eyes at him.

We all started on our tasks until we heard a loud crash by the sink. Cari was just standing there in shock staring at the broken handle in the sink. "I didn't think I grabbed it that hard..." She muttered to herself and Dillan and I both busted out laughing. Cari looked at us confused.