Ch. 35 - Hide and Seek

"Guys we lost like a quarter of our class to Becky there is no way Cari is still going to make us debate! There's no way there's enough of us!" Dillan exclaimed frustrated that we still had to work on this stupid debate.

Joseph drove Dillan, Kyle, Liz, Sabrina, and I to the library so we could do some research. And none of us were happy about it.

"Did you miss the part when I told you Cari laughed at Nat and I when we said the same thing to her this morning," Liz shot back.

"Literally she didn't say anything she just laughed at us like it was the funniest joke she's ever heard," I said still stunned by her reaction.

"That could mean anything!" Dillan exclaimed. But we all looked at him like he was an idiot.

"You really think that means...oh yes you're absolutely right you don't have to do this debate anymore. That's why I, a sadistic vampire who enjoys inflicting pain on my students for pleasure, am laughing manically." I stated sarcastically.

"Good point." Dillan admitted quietly almost to himself.

"This should be easy though, right?" Liz said looking at all of us. "You guys were all around when the nuclear bomb was created so there has to be something you remember that will help us."

"Um Liz, I only stopped aging like 4 years ago. You know as much as I do," I shrugged.

"I mean it was a miserable time," Kyle spoke up. "Millions of people were dying and even if you weren't in the war you were just trying to survive."

"Yeah then the nuclear bomb comes around and it made the war look humane," Sabrina said sadly.

"I mean innocent people were vaporized instantly," Kyle said shaking his bad at the horrible memory. "They didn't even have a fighting chance..."

It was silent for a long time as we were all trying to truly grasp the atrociousness of the nuclear bomb. Or honestly, war in general.

"This is fucking stupid!" I said frustrated. "Why is she still torturing us." I put my head on the table in defeat.

"Well.....Why don't we change that?" Sabrina said mischievously and everyone looked at her in confusion.

"Look Cari has tormented us since the second she locked eyes on us. I say we fight back. Give her a taste of her own medicine." Sabrina smirked.

"I'm sorry but do I need to go through the list of reasons of why that's a horrible idea?" Kyle laughed. "Why don't we ask Nat's ass if she thinks it's a good idea."

"Oh no, I'm fucking down!" I smirked and high-fived Sabrina.

"So am I!" Liz said excitedly.

"Same dude!" Dillan smiled. "I'm bored anyways."

"Nat you literally were limping all day yesterday because of Cari and do I need to remind you what Cari has done to Emma?" Kyle said trying to rationalize with us but you can't rationalize with irrational people.

"Consequences later...." I smirked psychotically "fun now." 

"Bro come on," Dillan grabbed his friend by the shoulder. "Don't you want some revenge? For your mate?"