Ch. 28 - The Talk

"Can we at least have breakfast first," Liz exclaimed in frustration behind Cari and the other supernaturals that burst into the room. "It's probably cold now and I worked really hard on it!"

"Of course sweetie," Sabrina smiled and wrapped her arm around Liz. "Cari and Emma can pause their stupid feud for 2 minutes." Sabrina was clearly annoyed and glared at Cari.

"I regret agreeing to let you stay here," Cari narrowed her eyes. "Actually who says I have to-"

"I do." I stated confidently and stepped towards my mate. She looked at me with disbelief. I just ignored her and smiled at my friend. "Sabrina so long as I'm alive you are always welcome here."

"Nat you can't-"

"Oh? And why can't I?" I interrupted her again, smirking, and she growled at me in frustration.

"God, Nat have I ever told you how happy I am that you're my sister's mate," said Isabel snickered.

"First of all, darling," Cari narrowed her eyes at me, "don't interrupt me. It's rude." Cari said sternly.

"Oh and you telling Sabrina she can't live here because she rightfully called your fight with Emma stupid...isn't rude?" I questioned.

"Who cleaned up after all that mess downstairs!" Sabrina added. "You're lucky I'm here or your house wouldn't be standing right now." Sabrina must have used a spell to kept the house in tact during Cari's temper tantrum.

Cari sighed loudly and pitched the bridge or her nose in annoyance. "I need to lay out some ground rules if we are all going to live together."

I didn't like to see Cari stressed so I walked over to Cari and gently grabbed her hand. She looked at me and I saw the tension evaporate.

"Cari can we please eat breakfast first I'm really hungry," I pleaded in my cutest voice.

The warmest smile grew on her lips. "Well since you asked so nicely. Of course sweetheart, let's get you fed."

She scooped me up and carried me downstairs to our awaiting breakfast. It looked so good my mouth started to water. Breakfast was going to be awkward to say the least. I think we won for having the most dysfunctional family. Emma took the head of one side of the table as Cari took the other. They were constantly in a battle of dominance as if whoever sat at the head was in charge. It was so hard not to roll my eyes at their antics.

"The food is delicious, Liz, thank you," Sam said breaking the awkward silence.

"Thanks Sam, I love cooking!" Liz smiled.

"Good because I'll eat anything that's yours," Sabrina smirked and winked at Liz. Both Liz and I choked on our food at the blatant sexual comment. Cari and Sabrina were patting our backs laughing at us. I choked from surprise but Liz choked from embarrassment.

"Is that so?" Cari asked playfully to Sabrina. "What is your favorite thing to eat of hers?" Liz and I both glared at Cari. She was clearly intentionally trying to make my best friend uncomfortable

Cari held up her hands in mock defense. "What! I'm just trying to get to know my new housemates," she smirked.

"Thanks for asking," Sabrina pretended to think critically. "I guess it would have to be...her puss-"

There was loud smack of Liz covering Sabrina's mouth. Now I was the one that was laughing my ass off. Liz glared at me but I couldn't stop myself.

"What a coincidence!" Cari exclaimed. I did not like where this was going...

"That's my favorite thing of Nat's too!"