Ch. 19 - Fight

We all turned around to see Becky and her gang of miscreants. Her mate looked like your typical douche bag. Hair greased back, shirt unbuttoned showing far too much chest hair. He had his arm draped over Becky's shoulders like he owned her. Becky had her arms crossed and a permanent scour on her face. Behind them were Becky's two sidekick witch bitches and next to them were too asshat looking wolves.

"Oh good I'm glad you're here Becky," I said dripping with sarcasm, "I wanted to ask you can I have my tide-to-go back?"

All my friends were snickering behind me but Cari just squeezed her arm around my waist tighter making me look up at her. She was glaring at me. Clearly not amused and I got the hint. Keep my mouth shut.

"Get control of your bitch before I have to," the douche bag spoke to Cari.

Oh, boy was that a mistake... I almost felt pity for this man now. I looked around us to see my supernatural friends protectively flanking Cari and me. They were staring down Becky's gang with such anger that I think it took everything in them not to attack right then. I looked over at Cari expecting to see pure rage but instead, she was smiling. Somehow that was worse. It was a smile that sent chills of unnerving fear down my spine. I couldn't imagine how the douche bag and Becky felt. It was a smile that said oh I am going to enjoy this.

Cari starting to slowly walk towards the douche. He and Becky took a step back, eyes wide in fear. They must have realized how weak they looked because they quickly got themselves together and stood their ground. This made Cari laugh darkly and more chills shot down my spine. Cari stopped just a foot in front of them. She was only a few inches taller than them, but she radiated dominance. It caused one of the wolves behind them to shake in fear a little.

She spoke calmly and slowly to them, "What did you just say to me?" The tension was suffocating.

Becky must be brave or stupid because she yelled "He said...Control. Your. Bitc-" before she could finish all of the air was sucked out of her in one large gasp. Cari had her hand wrapped tightly around Becky's throat lifting her off the ground choking her. She couldn't even breathe let alone use her magic to defend herself. The douche was about to attack Cari but she grabbed his throat before he could make a move. He too was unable to turn due to the force around his neck. She had the two of them by the throat as they were kicking frantically and clawing at her for air. All while she had a devilish smirk on her face. Becky's gang took a step forward about to intervene until Emma spoke up.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." My friends stepped forward protectively next to Cari. They far outnumbered Becky's idiots. Even though Becky and her mate's face were starting to turn purple the gang backed out of intervening.

"Now would you like to try again?" Cari smirked at the two in her grasp. She let go and they fell to the ground grabbing their throats and choking for air. Cari stared down at them laughing.

The douche looked up at her, "you crazy bitc-" again in one swift movement, Cari had the both of them by the throats off the ground.

She clicked her tongue, "I see we haven't learned anything yet." She smiled evilly again, "That's my fault, I guess. You don't know me. How rude of me not to introduce myself." They were turning purple again.

"Now I'm going to let you go and you're going to keep your mouths shut or we will just keep doing this all night. Understand?" She waited a moment. "Oh that's right you can't talk how forgetful of me." She laughed evilly and dropped them and they fell to the ground gasping for breath. This time neither of them talked.

"Good. We're learning." She smirked. "My name is Cari Wright. And you should know two things about me. First, you never tell me what to do." She then clenched her jaw in anger and seethed, "Two, you never disrespect what is mine."