Ch. 27 - Pack

"Okay now I'm actually going to kill her," Cari said as she dropped me and turned all her anger to Emma still standing smugly with her arms crossed in the doorway.

"No you're not!" I yelled and immediately stood in front of my mate to stop her attack. As much as I wanted to kill Emma right now we needed to talk not fight. Cari was sending daggers with her eyes at her nemesis. But she did stop so I knew she was willing to hear me out. I breathed out sigh of relief and turned my attention to my alpha.

"Emma we need to talk..." I was finally done with her bullshit. She needed to get over her petty fight with my mate.

Kyle do you think you can handle Cari while Emma and I talk? I sent through link.

On it, Kyle sent back. This mind-link shit was so cool.

"Cari why don't we meet them downstairs for breakfast?" Kyle said kindly. "I'm sure they won't take long."

Cari looked to me and I gave her my best puppy dog eyes. I knew she wanted to handle this with Emma but she was my alpha.

She smiled a little at my antics and then leaned in and gave me an assertive kiss as if she was marking her territory. I knew she was doing it to piss off Emma but I wasn't complaining. Emma let out a huff of annoyance and Cari broke the kiss and her mouth pulled into its signature grin. While I just stood there slightly dazed. Cari let out a chuckle at seeing my face.

"Don't be long my love," Cari smiled and walked toward Kyle. But before she left she turned to Emma with a sinister smirk.

"How's the jaw?"

"How's the ribs?" Emma retorted and Kyle pulled Cari away before things could escalate. 

Once they were gone and the door was closed I glared at Emma.

"What the fuck Emma!" I yelled. "Why are you so hell bent on pissing off my mate? I know you interrupted us on purpose!"

"What! She's started it!" Emma whined. "She's a dick and doesn't deserve you!"

"You got to be kidding me Emma," I face palmed at her childishness. "How old are you?"

"26 going on 445," she stated proudly.

"Yeah well I'm 24 going on 4 years old and somehow I'm more mature than the two of you ancient ass grandmas!"

"Nat I'm your alpha. Watch the attitude." She threatened.

"EXACTLY! YOU'RE MY ALPHA SO ACT LIKE IT!" I yelled in frustration. "YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A CHILD!"

Emma growled in anger and took a threatening step closer to me. Shit Nat when will you learn to not poke the beast. I took and equal step back. I've never seen Emma so mad and I was shaking.

Don't worry Nat she won't hurt you, Kyle sent to me. I forgot that a closed door doesn't do  jackshit for privacy in a house full of supernaturals. 

Really so her glowing blue eyes is a good thing, I sent back. 

Emma was taking steps towards me like she's was stalking her prey. I was backing up, cowering, and holding my hands up in surrender.

Then there was a loud bang from downstairs and lots of yelling.

"SHES SCARING MY MATE YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" I heard Cari scream followed by more bangs and things breaking.

"SHE'S FINE I PROMISE!" Kyle yelled. There were more grunts and a primal growl I recognized as Cari.

"IS THAT WHY HER HEARTBEAT IS OUT OF THE ROOF AND I JUST HEARD YOUR FUCKING MATE GROWL AT MINE!" Cari was losing it and I'm sure it was taking every supernatural to keep her from breaking down the door.