Ch. 32 - The Magic School Bus

One of the weirdest things, when something monumental happens in your life, is that the world does not stop for you. It keeps going as if nothing happened at all. We still had classes. We still had obligations even though the world came crashing down not 72 hours ago. We all agreed that we weren't going to put our lives on pause for Becky. If I stopped my life every time someone wanted to kill me then I probably would never actually live. Let Becky be the miserable one obsessing over the hunt. We would balance life. Otherwise, it would not be a life worth fighting for. It would merely be surviving, not living.

"Please remind me again why we all had to take one car," Cari groaned in annoyance underneath me.

"Because we're all going to the same place and it's better for the environment if we take one car," Emma lectured. "It's not my fault you only have sports cars with two seats!"

We were all packed into Dillan's barely working van. There were only 7 seats but there were 12 of us so I was sitting on Cari's lap in the third row in between Joseph on Izzy's lap and Liz on Sabrina's. But at least we had seats. Jess was sitting on the middle console next to Dillan, our school bus driver, and Emma in the passenger seat while Maggie was sitting on the floor in the gap between Sam and Kyle's seats. All of us were practically on top of each other and most of us had to hunch over or else we would hit our heads on the ceiling. We legit looked like a clown car.

"I'm pretty sure this is my hell," Cari groaned and I agreed. It was hot and Dillan's shitty ass van had no working air conditioning. And Joseph and Liz were practically breathing down my neck which was making claustrophobic as fuck.

"There is absolutely no way this is safe...how can you even see out the back window, Dillan?" I said in disbelief.

"Why do I need to see out the back if I'm driving forward?" Dillan stated in genuine confusion.

"Oh my god we're going to die," Liz said in fear.

"Who thought it was a good idea to let Dillan drive?" I said in disbelief at his stupidity.

"Well it is his van," Emma shrugged.

"Will everyone relax we're not going to die!" Kyle said trying to keep the peace.

"Yeah you guys aren't!" Liz said with attitude. "Did everyone forget that I'm the only human on this magical school bus of death?"

"Sweetie," Sabrina giggled and pulled Liz closer to her on her lap. "You're going to be fine I got you."

Liz blushed and kissed her on the cheek. Sabrina looked like if she could fly, she would. It was so fucking cute I could die!

"Izzy if you step on my foot one more time I'm going to throw you out of this car," Cari growled in annoyance at her sister.

"Bitch you've elbowed me like 4 times!" Isabel whined.

Now the two sisters were vehemently bickering with each other. I gave Joseph an exasperated look.

"How often do they do this?" I sighed.

"Welcome to my nightmare," Joseph laughed.

"Will you two shut the fuck up!" Maggie yelled at the two sisters that were getting on everyone's nerves.

"We should all go on a long road trip together guys," I cheerfully joked.

"How quickly do you think it will turn into the hunger games?" Sam laughed

"Dude it already is," Kyle laughed.

Suddenly the van started to sound like it was choking. Smoke started to pour out of the engine.