Ch. 25 - Reunion

I woke up feeling very dizzy and disoriented. I tried to move but I ended up falling off something and hitting the ground with a thud. I groaned in annoyance.

"She's finally up," I heard who I think was Sam say.

"Actually, I'm down," I said pushing myself up off the floor. "Thanks for catching me by the way," I said sarcastically.

"Call it payback for the time you spit water all over my face," Sam laughed.

"I said I was sorry," I mumbled.

"Don't listen to her," I heard the sweet voice that I recognized as Jess now. "How are you feeling honey?"

I finally sat up and leaned against the couch that I'm assuming I accidentally rolled off of. Though it wasn't my couch. Actually, it wasn't my living room. It was much nicer. It looked as though we were in a Victorian castle.

"Can one of you guys time travel and you never told me?" I said sarcastically still trying to figure out where I was.

"No, sweetie. This is Cari's house," Isabel laughed. "Well, our house. Your apartment was a little too small to fit all of us..."

That's when I looked around the room. She's right it wouldn't fit all of us. Four werewolves. One witch. One human. One hybrid. Five vampires. Well, wait four...

"Where's Cari?" I said weakly. I didn't know what I was feeling. Was I scared of her? She just ripped off an arm like it was nothing. Waved it around like a psychopath...I knew she was crazy but damn...And she's my mate?! Dear God...

"Oh, Cari wanted to give you two some space..." Jess's mate said carefully. Before I could respond we heard a groan coming from the couch next to me. Liz was finally waking up too. Let's pray this goes smoothly...

"Hi sweetie," Sabrina said rushing over to Liz's side with a glass of water. "Here drink up." Liz looked like she was still in a daze but she took the cup from Sabrina and began to drink.

"Good girl," Sabrina said softly and stroked Liz's hair. God, my heart was melting at the sight of the two.

But then Liz's eyes quickly widened as she took in her surroundings. She stood up abruptly and frantically looked around the room.

"Where is she?" she said in a panic. It didn't take a genius to know who she was so frightened of.

"She's not here sweetie. Please sit down and we'll explain everything," Sabrina said calmy. But it didn't seem to ease her stress. As she began backing away from us.

"NO!" She yelled. "What are you people?" Wow 'you people'...rude! Though I couldn't blame her.

Slowly I stood up and Liz locked eyes with me watching my every movement like she was afraid I was about to pounce on her. I slowly raised my hands up to show her I meant no harm.

"Liz we're all the same people you knew before. We will not hurt you," I said calmly trying to reason with her. She kept backing away from us until her back hit the wall, but no one tried to approach her. I didn't need to hear her heart to know she was in a full panic.

"Bullshit Nat!" Liz yelled at me. "Your girlfriend just ripped someone's arm off." She was hyperventilating now. 

"I know. I know Liz!" I said desperately. "You think I wasn't scared either?! You weren't the only one that passed out." Liz looked confused at this.

"What do you mean?! Aren't you like not even human or something?! I saw your eyes, Nat! Your teeth! That's not normal!"

"I'm more human than you think, Liz." I sighed. I didn't want to lose Liz. She was one of my closest friends. Hell, she was my only human friend. She kept me sane with all the supernatural madness around me.