Ch. 15 - Lunch

"Did you see her face?" Joseph said laughing hysterically.

"She looked like she was going to lose her mind!" I laughed with him.

"Oh, Nat! You have no idea how long I have wanted to do that!" he said still amazed at what he just saw.

"Well, hopefully, she's more hesitant to mess with you now," I said laughing a little. We were walking to Cari's office, and I decided I was going to ask Cari if he could come with us to lunch. He deserved a break. He could clean up the books after his lunch break anyways.

"I just worry she's going to come after you now..." he said quietly. Then it hit me. Fuck I just messed with a witch. She could easily hurt me.

"Yeah...that was probably not smart..."

"What wasn't smart, little one?" Cari was locking her office door behind her as we neared her office. I was so lost in thought I didn't realize how close I was to her office.

"I-Uh..." I stuttered looking at Joseph for support and he looked just as frightened.

"There you are baby boy!" I heard a familiar voice behind us. Isabel? She went up and kissed him passionately. "Why weren't you in the library?"

"Hold the fuck up!" I yelled and everyone just stared at me in shock. Joseph just looked at me looking guilty as hell and I glared at him.

"Would everyone just excuse Joseph and me for a moment?" I said glaring at him.

"I see our bottoms met..." Isabel mumbled quietly laughing a little.

Cari laughed too and I glared at her, "Of course sweetheart. Just don't kill him. I don't want to have to fight my sister today, please." She said sarcastically.

I grabbed Joseph and walked around the corner as far away as I could before I looked at him and yelled "What the fuck Joseph! Did you know who I was talking about the whole time!?"

"Nat please don't be mad!"

I scoffed, "Oh come on Joseph! I just poured my heart out to you, and you were lying to me!"

"Nat, I wasn't lying to you. I kind of knew the situation and you looked like you really just needed to vent, and I wanted to help you!"

"I can't believe you!"

"Nat, please. I'm sorry I should have told you. I just...you were so nice, and I didn't know how to bring it up the fact that Isabel is my wife without it being weird..."

"It would have been nice to have a heads up before I just confessed my feelings to apparently the brother-in-law of the woman I was talking about!"

"I know, Nat....I fucked up." He sighed looking down. "But I promise I will not say anything," he said emphasized. "I know you don't know me but please trust me. I am not a bad person. I would never share anything you tell me."

"He's right," Isabel and Cari walked around the corner clearly listening to what we were saying.

"I thought I asked for a moment alone!" I said in disbelief.

"Sweetheart you were a little loud" she stood next to me and wrapped her arm around my waist, and it instantly calmed me, "and we just needed to tell you that he's telling the truth."

I sighed and looked down frustrated. Cari lifted my chin up to look into her eyes, "I would never ask Joseph to tell me anything you told him. You can always go to him for advice or just a person to vent to. I trust him completely and you can too." That made me feel better. I really did like Joseph I just didn't like not knowing who I was talking to.