Kit Kat

Fie Wright's P. O. V

Flicking through the various shows popping up on the television screen, my frown deepens with each series going by but none catching my attention.

I want to watch something but nothing is appealing to me. Knowing how I am, I'll end up watching the same thing for the umpteenth time and acting as if it's the first time I've done so. Fake gasps and all.

Flickering through my list of movies and series I've shortlisted previously, my hand clutching the remote pauses as I hover over one show in particular. The title containing the word 'witches' capturing my attention immediately as a certain building up of dread engulfs me slowly.

Chewing on my bottom lip, I quickly turn the television off and let out a loud sigh just as a shiver wracks down my body and goosebumps come up onto my skin.

I can't believe I can sit comfortably through horror movies but one picture of an actress dressed up as a supposed witch has me turning into a wimp.

Maybe a nice walk in the gardens can help clear my mind?

One look at the huge windows have me dispelling that thought as the thundering sheets of rain give me my answer. The same usual weather that I love now causing me to feel increasingly on edge.

'Malleus?' I call out to him, wondering how long it'll take for him to finish up his work. It must be the uneasiness I'm feeling but I'd rather not be alone right now. Anyone's company would do, even Ezra's at this point.

My eyes stray to the windows once more, watching the darkening sky light up with the thunder that booms down a few moments later. A few lingering seconds go by with no reply from my mate, the action or lack thereof setting me deeply on edge since this usually never happens.

I call out once more to the man, but the result ends up being the same with a deathly silence following my voice. I guess I shouldn't be using the word deathly in such a situation. My next target comes in the form of my annoying cousin who's probably suffocating his mate with his clingy love and attention.

If only I could relate, I think with a visible pout which only gets bigger when even Ezra doesn't reply back to me.

So deeply rooted in my sulking thoughts, my shrill scream leaves me before I can react in any other way to stop myself. The sigh of a hand on my shoulders driving my already paranoid mind into deeper scenarios that are most likely not going to come true any time soon.

"Fie?" A frantic voice registers into me, the familiarity of it taking me off guard as I peer into wide shocked ones which most likely mirrors my own expression.

"Malleus?" I mumble dumbly, blinking a few times as he peers into my eyes while taking a seat next to me on the bed, his arms wrapping around me without missing a beat which I gladly seek comfort in.

"You spaced out for a few seconds didn't you?" He mumbles into my hair but clearly not looking for a response as he continues on hurriedly, "I called out to you through the mind link as well but you were clearly out of it." Malleus says with a gentle rapping of his knuckles to my forehead to which I scrunch my face up.

"You didn't answer back to me so I logically, started to freak myself out with stupid thoughts." I reply sheepishly, hurrying my face into Malleus' arms and inhaling in his scent deeply, relaxing each inch of my tensed up body.

"What will I do with you?" He asks rhetorically, placing a chaste kiss to the crown of my head before gently lifting himself from off of me, "You really do need to stop thinking about those witches though. I mean you got freaked out by Sabrina the teenage witch-,"