Pout

Fie Wright's P. O. V

The huff of air that leaves me is intentionally loud, garnering the attention of my mate, who is a far distance from where I am but still very much attuned to me no matter the distance. Shuffling forward, I watch as my claws dig into the soft ground of the forest beneath me, ducking my head just in time as a witch's arm is thrown curtesy of Apollo.

I did hear Althea warning the fighting wolves to rip their hands off, since that's where they're trained to let the magic flow out of them. The source of their exit from the swirls of magic internally within them.

I guess it's safe to say that Althea is on our side. I wonder if it has anything to do with the brooding wolf looming over a disgruntled me and a kooky witch. I do believe we can become good friends. Her loyalty to us a key factor even if she is in it just to get a free house. I would too if I was living in the woods with no roof over my head, especially the way Malleus makes it rain all the time.

"Duck." A deep gravelly voice speaks up from behind me, Keir's words sending confusion through me while I glance up at him through one of my big round eyes.

Duck? As in quack quack?

Wait. No.

Before my preoccupied mind can catch up to what's happening and the fact that my head should be lowered to the ground, a strike of a hand pushes the tumbling wolf away from the both of us. Keir acting as if he didn't just bat away an enormous wolf with a single hand as if he was shooing away a fly.

I guess Althea really does have her hands full.

Scrubbing my claws into the soil of the forest ground once more, I huff and puff as I try to fight the urge to just get up and attack the witches. Just one bite is all I got before my mate put me on time out like I'm some annoying child that needs to be put on the naughty chair. It's despicable.

My eyes lazily watch around the fighting that ensues, most of the witches dead since they weren't that many but more pesky in the sense of their sly fighting tactics as they dodge around and zap from afar. One woman in particular catches my attention. The mere fact that she's lingering in the trees and watching on from afar with strained grey eyes. My hackles rise and a gut feeling tells me this woman is up to no good.

It's clear as day that she's trying to blend in with the trees, her billowing cloak trying it's hardest to camouflage against type dark backdrop of the forest. No smell lingers from her and no matter how hard I strain my senses, I know I would have missed her entirely if I wasn't so focused on looking through my surroundings. Not only is it obvious considering she's a witch but the way her eyes linger on my mate has me boiling with rage like I've never felt before.

One paw goes in front of the other, my body lowering down into a crouched position as I take in the tall witch, oblivious to the fact that someone has caught on to her presence. Something tells me that even the coven doesn't know this woman is trailing here. A low growl tears it's way through my throat as I think of the threat presenting itself to my mate.

Althea's head snaps up in the same direction as where I'm looking at, a soft gasp leaving her lips as her eyes zoom in to where I was staying.

"Why is she alive? I thought she was dead." Althea mutters under her breath, that more than enough information to put two and two together to realise that's her supposedly dead mother. The monotonous tone to the witches voice lets me know she wasn't any bit happy to see her mother alive and well.

Just as I go to make a run towards her, Althea's mother turns her gaze on our small group, shock entering her eyes before they turn to something akin to revulsion once they land on her daughter. Althea stands firm in her place, hand raising and muttering under her breath ready to strike an attack at her.