Ire

Fie Wright's P. O. V

The walk down the cold draughty hall has me nearly shivering even though I try my best to mask it, not wanting the tall man besides me to figure out just how cold these damn stone walls are making me.

The urge to stare at my mate out of the corner my eyes gets to be too overpowering and I finally give in. It's been barely a few hours since I've even known about the prospect of my mate currently existing and me being apart of his life and vice versa but nonetheless, I can't help myself from making both my wolf and I know that he's really here. He's not something my imagination has merely conjured up.

Not that even my imagination could make up something as beautiful as the being walking besides me.

Man, did I hit the jackpot or what?

My eyes travel all the way from his legs up his huge expanse of a chest before finally making their way up to his face, eyes immediately connecting with his own blue ones causing me to blush immediately. Clearing my throat, I try my best to pretend like I don't notice the knowing glint in his own blue gaze as he catches me practically drooling over his looks.

Pretending to turn my head away from where Malleus is, I look this way and that as I try to fake intrigue at my surroundings which is a feat to do considering all we're walking through is a tunnel laden with stone.

"This is the outskirts of the castle. More towards the barracks. Just up ahead is where the actual part of the castle begins." Malleus announces as I nod my head in understanding even though I'm not entirely sure what the man means by 'actual part of the castle.'

Does that mean I'm going to be surrounded by the glitz and glamour that the life of royals seems to be indulged in.

I practically cringe at the thought as I think back over my own belongings. The fanciest thing I own is a Luis Vuitton handbag which I stole from my mom, which I also think might be fake but that's besides the point.

It's apparent when we start getting closer towards, what Malleus describes as the actual part of the castle, as the ground we walk on levels out properly and the walls seem to refine their jagged rocky surface if that even is possible. We pass through a door edged into the wall and it's as if we step through into another place altogether as the stoned walls get replaced with wallpapered walls that branch off in multiple directions as other hallways and corridors branch off under wooden panelled archways. A warm toned carpet is soft beneath my feet as my mouth drops open in wonder at the paintings of regally dressed men and woman grace the walls at intersections here and there.

What makes me come to an abrupt halt, however, is the sight of a huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The light reflecting off the tiny diamonds that drape from it in swooping torrents. The expensive aura isn't what takes me by shock but rather the fact that there aren't candles situated in the holders of the chandelier, rather ordinary looking glass bulbs.

"Is everything alright?" Comes my mates husky tone from right bedsides me while all I manage to do is merely gape before pointing a finger at what captures my attention.

"You have electricity." I state simply to which the man raises a singular black eyebrow, what I think is subtle humour erupting within his eyes.

"Do you think we live in the tenth century? Of course we have electricity." He says simply before he regains walking as I splutter behind him.

"B-but back in the hall there wasn't any light. Nor at the pub we stopped off at. They were using candles." I say indignantly, not wanting the man to think I'm a complete idiot even though I haven't really given him an option to think otherwise.