Drip

Fie Wright's P. O. V

"How are you feeling now, Malleus?" I coo to my mate. The large man laying down in our bed tummy first with his arms stretched above his hand and messing with the headboard. I pout at the sight of my poor baby as I run my hand through the tufts of his dark hair, enjoying the silky strands as they slip through my grasp
"I'd enjoy it if you pulled harder." The deep husky tone that's been present in his voice for the past hour hasn't calmed down the slightest, the only thing being on his mind consist of illicit activities that are probably to scandalous for my ears.

Okay that's a lie but at least I have something to hold over him after the embarrassing stunts I pulled while being drunk. Not that it was ever Malleus' fault when it comes to me acting like that but I need to blame someone and I'm not about to blame myself.

"I'm counting down the seconds till this stupid thing wears off." I grumble aloud to no one in particular, annoyed at how everyone has just simply disappeared and has left me with a disorientated Malleus.

Asha is too busy dealing with advisory duties or at least that's what she keeps telling me which I find suspicious because she's the advisor to the King and he clearly is in no state to be advised. She's most likely cozying it up with Apollo somewhere. Ezra is definitely out of the question for two reasons; the first being that he'd probably contribute to Malleus acting up even more and eventually ending up down a path of no control and secondly, I have no intention of coming between Ezra and Rui for fear of what I'll stumble upon.

I don't have any plans of turning into an awkward mess like Tyrell did when I drunkenly walked in on him and Aria going at it. I guess Karma just loves to have it out for people.

A loud sigh is heard from besides me as Malleus raises a hand to mine, for a second I think he wants to hold my hand in both of his but instead, he removes it and turns around till he's facing me, a sad frown tugging at his lips as he peers at me with despondent eyes.

"Do you not want me anymore?" The melodramatic sigh coupled with his words has my mind going blank as I let out a loud, 'huh', not quite understanding where he's coming from.

"Am I not attractive? Is that it? Do you not find me attractive," my mouth goes dry as I try to find an answer for him but he doesn't care nor does he pay heed to me as he babbles on, "I mean what more do you want? I'm a King. I have a castle. I'm pretty damn hot which is something no one can deny, so what's wrong?"

Unable to help myself, I let out a little laugh while scooting closer towards him and then laying down till I can manage to cuddle myself right up against him, "Maybe it's the fact that you're just too damn humble for me." My sarcasm goes flying over his head as he considers what I say before letting out a quiet hum.

"Hmm. Maybe you're right. It is hard to compare to me after all." I let out a loud gasp at that, smacking the man gently on his chest but he merely sends me a confused look, not understanding how I could possibly do that since he's uttering nothing but the truth.

I won't lie and say that I don't find Malleus like this endearing but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking I'd be able to put up with such a Malleus for the rest of my life if the effects don't reverse back. It'll be like having two Ezra's except one of them will be incredibly horny twenty four seven.

"What would you like to do? We could watch a movie?" I ask, wanting to pass away the time and hoping that us doing something monotonous like that will either have him passing out from sleep or the effects wearing off faster.

"I don't mind doing a bit of Netflix and Chill." I let out a sharp laugh at what he says while eyeing him out of the corner of my eye.

"What year do you live in? We're passed all of that." I inform wisely, sure that no one uses the term anymore.