Caught

Fie Wright's P. O. V

It's rather embarrassing to admit how I was the one to suggest the arriving party to get some rest, recuperate before we have our next meeting and discussion based on what to do next or even if there is a next step to take.

Amongst all my worries for my mate being exhausted, I can barely keep my eyes open as he goes for a quick shower and by the time he's coming out with a towel wrapped around his waist, the kitten and I are already wrapped up in one another's grasp, wistfully dreaming away.

You could say I hadn't slept properly while my mate was gone. Although it was barely one night, I hadn't slept a wink and kept tossing and turning continuously with worry at what could potentially be happening even though I knew he was simply trekking through the forest. Now that I know Malleus is back and in the comfort of our home, sleep attacks me ferociously and considering my constant movement had disturbed the growing cat, even she didn't sleep properly which is why she's curled up so peacefully next to me.

I'm assuming Malleus doesn't take too kindly to me snoring away since a few minutes later, my body is half aware of something heavy sitting on my lower half. I groan in discomfort, unaware of what it is and wanting to move but unable to because the object is too heavy. I moan out loud, swatting away at the object before furrowing my brow.

Is it Malleus? It's probably Malleus.

"Fie. Wake up." The whine coming from above me is more than enough for me to realise that it is indeed Malleus who is hovering over me, practically smothering me with his heat and muscles but I don't complain one bit. Instead I send a quick grateful prayer above and peek open one eye, smiling at the man who returns my smile with a toothy grin of his own. Opening up my arms, Malleus doesn't hesitate another second as he lowers himself onto me and allowing me to wrap my spread arms around him. I practically coo at him as a deep sound escapes his chest, a mix between a satisfied growl and a throaty purr.

"Sorry about that. I didn't sleep when you were away." I murmur softly into the top of his head as his dark hair tickles my cheek.

Malleus hums in agreement, one hand outstretched as he runs his finger through the jet black hair of our shared kitten.

"How is she doing?" He asks although he doesn't sound all too interested, his attention getting diverted as he turns towards me and smothers his face in my chest, the action getting him a deadpan look which he returns with a satisfied smirk.

Running my fingers through his hair, I let him know how the feisty kitten has already made herself at home and is as playful as ever. We lapse into silence for a few seconds, simply enjoying each other's company before a certain person pops up in my mind with a loud blaring alarm going off with it.

"Kier. That witch, Althea. They're mates." I whisper in an incredibly low voice, almost afraid the two unsuspecting people will hear me and tear each other's throats out then and there.

"Hmm," is all I get out of a now sleepy Malleus. My poking and prodding proves to do wonders as he grunts out, opening up one eyelid to stare at me in disgruntlement. "Yes. I noticed when she first appeared. Kier doesn't know though and I have a feeling the witch doesn't either. I don't know how that's going to play out considering Kier is well, Kier." He continues before making himself more comfortable in his so called favourite place.

"It would be interesting to see how this will play out. Not that I'm being nosy or anything-," I cut myself off at the deadpan expression on my mate's face. Him being the last one to fall for my innocent act since he knows every bone in my body vibrates with 'curiosity' for a lack of a better word.

Slowly Malleus props himself onto his elbows, all the weight of his body precariously resting on his arms as he gazes down at me with a certain look that has tingles ensuing automatically. I try to play it off as much as possible, acting nonchalant but it getting incredibly difficult as his smoulder deepens.