Travels

Fie Wright's P. O. V

"You did what?!" My mother practically screeches as soon as I set foot into the door. The sigh that escapes me doesn't go unnoticed by my mother as my father stands behind me, hands placed into his trousers pockets with his robe thrown over his shoulder.

"Mum, relax." I say as I raise my hands in surrender, clearly that's the wrong thing to say as she freaks out even more. Going off into a fit frenzy while my dad rushes passed me and over to calm his mate down. I try my best to hold back an eye roll since I know I'd be skinned alive if they caught me showing them 'attitude.' I seriously should have moved out and into the pack house when I had the chance. Now I'm a twenty one year old being scolded for doing something that I'm actually quite proud of.

"Relax Amelia. She'll be well protected. I had the same reaction at first but I'm proud she's doing this." My father says firmly as he pulls my mother into a hug. She eyes me over my dad's shoulder as she grumbles into him before letting him go and placing her hands on her hips, "I guess it is for the best. Oh, come here." She coos as I'm pulled into a hug, my face smothered with a disgruntled expression from her constant mood swings.

"Okay, okay. As much as I love your hugs, I'm absolutely starving and my stomachs going to eat itself if I don't get anything into it." She immediately stops fretting over me as she tugs me and my father into the kitchen, already presenting us with a set table and piping hot food. My eyes connect with that of my father's, the both of us weary at the sight of cooked food.

"You cooked?" He states the obvious to which my mother nods with a beaming smile on her face as she ushers us both further into the kitchen with her hands. Seating ourselves to our usual places, I bite my lip as I pick my fork up, waiting for my dad to dig in first just so that I can see if it's edible or not. Instead I'm greeted with my father's own stare as he inclines his head towards my plate while his own goes untouched.

He's throwing me under the bus instead.

Smiling hesitantly at my awaiting mother, I clasp my fork as I shift nervously in my seat while shovelling a bit of food onto it. Taking a quick bite, I chew hurriedly until I realised that it tastes quite alright. Maybe lacking a bit of salt but completely edible. Upon my satisfied expression, my dad beams and digs into his own food as my mother analyses us through narrowed eyes.

"You're acting like I'd feed you poison." She harrumphs, not catching my father and I gazing intently at one another with pointed looks. Luckily for us, however, otherwise she'd probably nag at us all day. Our dinner goes by quickly and smoothly as I spend every waking second with them as much as possible till the clock strikes a reasonable hour to sleep. My nerves slightly fried as I complete my routine that I try to maintain every night before bed. Sliding into my comfy covers doesn't do much but at least it relaxes me as I stretch my body out leisurely, already dreading the early hour I'll have to wake up at to set foot on my journey.

It only seems like mere seconds pass as my eyes snap open from a caressing hand on my cheek, through bleary eyes I catch sight of my mother and father sitting around my bed. Eyes full of sorrow yet pride for the excursion I'm about to embark on. Groaning, I sit up in bed as they scoot further to the side. My eyes glance to the clock and I already want to fall back asleep and tell someone else to go instead as the number four haunts me even outside of sleep.

I'm barely able to even sit up and smile at my parents before a hot mug of steaming tea is deposited into my hands as my mother coos at me through words I don't even understand in my sleep deprived state.

"I've made you breakfast. So take a quick shower and I hope you've packed a bag." My father says as he pats me on the knee, not even bothering to heed my noises of complaints at not wanting to eat food but I guess it'll be wiser if I do eat food because I'm sure we won't be having many snack breaks on the trip.