Snap

Fie Wright's P. O. V

I'm not one to be petty.

Okay, scratch that. I am petty at times but only when I feel as if the person deserves it. I had only planned that my little silent treatment would go on for another half hour or so but Malleus dig himself a grave six foot deeper into the ground.

Why?

Well, after the both of us had woken up from mid morning nap considering it was only eleven in the morning when we actually woke up; he just so had to turn my mood sour in an instant. I was excited about my coronation and being show off to the rest of Realm as being Malleus' mate. The possessive side of me- which I like to shove deep down- rearing it's head so it can gloat to everyone just how perfect my mate is even though he can be as equally dense as me, if not more at times.

The moment arms wrapped tighter around me and soft plush lips were pressed gently to my neck, I could feel through the mate bond that this wasn't just Malleus being affectionate as he usually is.

I hum in content, trying to quell the feelings pushing through the mate bond as I turn to him, lips moving to press against mine instead. Waking me up vigorously from the deep nap I was just in. "Good morning." I mumble sleepily while threading my fingers through his hair, smiling softly as he lets out a low groan of content.

"Morning, gorgeous." He says in a voice thick with sleep since too had gotten up probably a few minutes before he woke me up.

"Is everything okay?" I mumble sleepily, trying to get rid of my bleary eyesight.

Malleus stills for a few moments before letting out a loud sigh and giving me one last kiss as he then rolls away from me.

"My parents will be here in two hours." His words have the hair on my body raising, heart lurching in my chest. I splutter around, trying to form somewhat of a coherent sentence.

Sitting up rather dramatically in bed, my wide eyes fix onto him before I hesitantly glance around the room so I can locate the mirror and assess the mess which I have to sadly call myself. "Today? As in they're arriving within two hours, today?" I ask my redundant questions while Malleus nods with a wince, his hair sticking up in odd directions making me want to run my hands through the soft strands.

"Please tell me you didn't know beforehand." I groan out loud while racking my hands down my face, all traces of sleep vanishing in an instant if you don't count my haphazard attire.

The prolonged silence has my lips thinning, mate bond sparking with annoyance which we clearly feels. The sheepish smile on his face enough to let me know that the fact just slipped his mind.

"Are you insane, Malleus? You knew they were coming and didn't tell me? I have to prepare. Not only are they the former King and Queen but they're your parents damn it." I huff while hurriedly standing up, nearly stumbling over the covers which get caught in my feet and practically sending me flying.

"It's not a big deal." Malleus tries to make out, eyes watching my every move while I let out another scoff.

"Not a big deal? Don't you remember how freaked out you were when you met my parents?" Granted there weren't any markings then which let us feel the proper extent of our feelings but I know my mate well enough to know just how on edge he was at the prospect of meeting the parents.

I guess the whole ordeal transcends through most barriers.

Oh God.

I don't even know if older people generally tend to like me. What if they find me annoying? What if they tell Malleus to find another mate because I'm not good enough for him?