Inferno

Fie Wright's P. O. V

I didn't think this would be starting up so soon. I thought I had more time before this struck. I, for one, definitely did not see this coming since everything had settled down so nicely. Not only with me falling into a simple, yet albeit, amazing routine of waking up to my mate every day who'd greet me with a cup of tea and a tender expression on his face before I had to head out into the huge entirety of the castle to get on with my duty. Hours would go by and then I'd giddily make my way back to the room just waiting to sync into my mate's comforting embrace which would never disappoint. Not once.

Today started off the same, relatively I should say what with the only issue being that I barely had any time to see Malleus since he was in such a rush to get to his Kingly duties as something important had come up. Luckily I had one of the best mates in the Kingdom since he didn't want to leave without waking me up and seeing to it himself that I got my daily dose of caffeine that came in the shape and form of my steaming mug of tea.

I thought that was the only issue I'd be facing throughout the day and yet the only few seconds I could spend with Malleus made me push harder so that I could complete my work, hoping against hope that Asha would let me go just a little earlier than usual. I already had it planned out, me rushing out and finding Malleus only to surprise him and try to coax him back to our little room where I could just make him let loose with whatever I could occupy him with.

Little did I know my plans would all be messed up because someone didn't know how to keep their shit together.

That someone being me.

********

"It's oddly eerie out today." I mumble to no one in particular as I peer out of the window, leaning forward while clasping onto the ledge so as to not topple head first out of it. The howling wind thunders in my ear as droplets of rain splatters against my face, being swiped away by the battering of air and then another assault of droplets from the groaning skies above. A chill racks it's away throughout my body as I lean backwards, not liking the roar of thunder that causes me to inconspicuously jump a slight inch off of the ground.

"That's what Ezra said just an hour ago." Asha muses from somewhere behind me, nestled comfortably in her cozy office as the fire roars in its hearth of the fireplace.

I hum in acknowledgement as I retreat further into the room, wearily glancing at the ominously dark sky making it appear as if it's dwelling late into the night when in reality it's only near about two in the afternoon. Turning around, I walk back over to my the chair that I had designated as mine when I realised I'd be spending quite a few of my days here or at least until other opportunities came within sight of all of this.

"Does this happen a lot? It rains non stop, yes, but I've never seen Tenebris like this before." I voice out. Granted it hasn't even been a whole week since I've stepped foot into this odd little realm, and hence, the weather patters aren't all that familiar to me. Except that I know chances of sunshine are rather rare here. The action of Asha sitting up in her chair catches my attention along with the way she eyes me wearing out of the corner of her vision. My own raised eyebrow is an unspoken question that I send her in return as she adjusts herself some more in the high backed chair.

"I wouldn't say it's an event that happens every other day but more like it only happens, well when-," the woman cuts herself off as she purses her lips and then shrugs her dainty shoulders at me, "I'd rather you let the King explain. It's a bit technical and hard to understand. The King is quite a good teacher from what I've heard so he'll let you know himself." She avoids the question almost completely but I begrudgingly let it go. Deciding Malleus would be the perfect person to ask, it'll even give me an excuse to be around him more. Not that I need an excuse considering he is my mate.