Royalty

Fie Wrights P. O. V

The feeling of the sharp blade mixed with the man's threatening words has me tensing up directly in my place. I raise my hands up to show the man I mean no harm but I'm assuming my wide eyes running backwards and forwards between my pack members shows enough to know that I'm freaking out and that retaliation is the last thing on my mind.

The warriors tense up immediately while Ezra's eyes widen and he takes a step forward but Marcus grabs his son by the shoulders and stops him in his place. Taking a deep gulp, I lock eyes with the advisor who nods his head slowly but before he can say anything himself, someone else beats him to it.

"Easy there man. We're not here to cause any trouble." One of the warriors finally speak as they raise a hand in front of them, trying to coax my attacker into getting their guard down. "My name's Brutus. What's yours?" The warriors finally speaks as the other one darts his eyes around us, probably trying to figure out if there's anyone here to threaten us further.

"Why the fuck are you asking me my name for?" The man shouts as I wince, his mouth right next to my ear but I can't even move for fear of my throat getting sliced open and bleeding to death.

Brutus shifts slightly in place, his stance tense as he eyes me wearily.

Fie. Don't do anything stupid. Just stay still. Brutus' voice rings clear in my head and if it wasn't for being in such a serious yet precarious situation, I would've scoffed at the man's audacity. Does he expect me to perform the Irish jig right here?

Marcus clears his throat as his friendly smile slips back into place, his tone was and welcoming and I'm surprised he manages to do so. I guess part of the training to be an advisor and council to a pack involves spewing out a load of bullshit that ties only into place with niceties. That's something I haven't quite learned nor mastered just yet.

"We are only here to seek an audience with the King, young man. It is a matter of life and death. Much like this situation we're wrapped up in here." Marcus says with that same nonchalant albeit friendly tone.

Did this man just fucking make a joke about a knife at my throat?

I tense up immediately, my lungs ceasing breathing as the man stills besides me. His grip on the knife tightens as I can see his knuckles going white and I close my eyes, waiting for that searing pain of a sharp object ripping my joined flesh together to create a gaping bloody filled mess. Instead, I feel myself being shoved forward and into Brutus' arms who pushes me behind him almost instantaneously as my attacker laughs joyously.

"You want to seek an audience with the King? Well why didn't you say so?" He laughs with further mirth as I peer over Brutus' shoulder to catch a glimpse of my assailant. The podgy man in front of me with a red face and balding head didn't seem all to threatening but the gleaming knife in his hand throws all that off completely. The man garbed in one of the cleaner sides of clothing I've seen people to be wearing here as he sheathes his knife, well more like dagger before taking another step back. A stupid blinding smile still on his face.

"Sorry about all that kerfuffle little girl. We just seem to be having a lot of death threats against the King and well, I might not be all that but I'm bloody loyal to the Crown I tell ya." The man's face seems to grow redder with the thought of anything happening to his precious King. His pale blue eyes meet mine as he apologises some more to me. All eyes dart to me as I rub my neck in a nervous manner before clearing my throat.

"Um yeah. Don't worry about it?" My own words come off as a question while Marcus merely smiles at me, putting an arm around my shoulder in a fatherly manner.

"I'm Ron by the way." The man inputs as he motions to himself, hands on his hips and looking quite proud of himself.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ron," Not really but okay, "My name is Marcus. Over here we have my son Ezra. Then these two are Brutus and Miller. This lovely lady that you were threatening a few seconds ago is Fie." We all nod in greeting to him, me with a rather fierce glower which he doesn't seem to mind much as he shakes hand with everyone in turn.