Aptitude

Fie Wright's P. O. V

"Why are you acting so chipper today, Smilie?" Ezra whispers into my ear from behind, causing me to jump from the sudden intrusion.

A light chuckle lifts up into the air as I turn away from the paper littered desk, raising a single eyebrow at the man's beaming smile. "What do you mean?" I question with a frown marring my face as my attention gets diverted from the documents and onto what Ezra is babbling about.

"I walked in a minute ago and the entire time you were staring at that piece of paper, you had a God awful smile on your face. Didn't even notice little ol' me." He teases while I turn slightly red at his words. Tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear, I avoid his eyes as I give out a subtle shrug.

I can't believe I've been looking like a goof this entire time. What if Asha walked in and thought I wasn't doing the work she had assigned me? Clearing those thoughts from my head, I decide to focus on Ezra instead and just be glad that Asha indeed didn't walk in on me like that.

"I'm just happy. You'll find your own mate one day and then hopefully be a pain in her ass instead of mine." I joke as I pat his shoulder in feigned sympathy.

Ezra smiles rakishly as he runs his hand through his overgrown brown hair, removing it from his forehead before answering.

"Oh, I'll be more than just a pain in her ass, if you know what I mean." He throws in with a sloppy wink while I nearly gag at his words. Wrinkling my nose up in disgust, I shake my head at him.

"I definitely could have survived going my entire life without hearing or even getting that imagery in my head. That is plain nasty." I grumble at his innuendo.

Ezra goes to say something once more, probably another sleazy innuendo but thankfully gets cut off as Asha walks in. Her dark emerald green headscarf making a statement against the uniform that she now wears; the only difference between mine and hers being the long black cloak like robe that drifts from the cuffs at her shoulders and down onto the floor below. 

Her eyes scan the interior of her office before landing on me, a smile lighting up her face as she nods before glancing at Ezra.

"Ah. I'm glad you could make it. Ezra isn't it?" The man in question nods his head and extends a hand out which Asha promptly shakes, "Well it's very nice to finally meet you." She continues.

I don't say anything about what is going on even though I am very confused about what is happening. It's almost like Asha senses my confusion as she turns her attention to me once more.

"Since Ezra is also training to be an Advisor and unlike you, hasn't completed it, I thought why let his precious time go to waste and he can train under both of our eyes. I'll either give him some other work to do or he can help out on your own various projects." She says kindly while I nod my head.

As much as the guy is a pain in my backside, it's always fun having him around even though he teeters onto being non-serious at times, nonetheless, I nod my head in agreement at her words.

The hours pass by soon enough with Ezra distracting me every five seconds, more than half of the time being unrelated to the work at hand and just because he was bored. My work not even being halfway complete, I pout as I realise I'll have to go over the rest of my work when I get out of here and doing the one thing I hate; taking my work with me back home. The time being taken up by things I would much rather be doing with higher levels of productivity such as sleeping, maybe even eating.

Passing the man next to me the evil eye, I then roll my eyes at his playful grin while Asha stands up from her desk, clasping her hands together and sending us both passive smiles.