Contemplation

Fie Wright's P. O. V

The conversation I had just taken to divert everyone onto the main topic backfired and went down in a fiery flame, ready to turn everything to ashes. My mouth still ajar as even Ezra's faultless blabbering stopped, the not so quiet man now all too quiet for a change as the King speaks his words.

My prior words were simply, not enough to evoke a response that would lead to a calamity. Maybe we're all just exaggerating but I must admit, it's unnerving to think of let alone literally unheard of.

When I tried to ask, 'What is our next course of action? Our Luna is dying and the veil between the two realms has been tampered with, surely we have to do something about it. We will right?'

A simple question. Not too complex but straight to the point and something that needed to be addressed. I was even planing to help out with it, not only considering the fact that I'm going to be the literal Queen but also wanting to settle into my role of advisor and well actually advise for once since I've been here.

"It's simple. I head to the realm and do it myself."

Blank stares and gaping mouths greet the King who looks on as if he just mentioned the lovely weather, granted it is pouring cats and dogs outside so the matter was subjective.

"B-but you're the King!" Ezra blabbers out as Malleus cuts off a bit of chicken with his knife, my mate raises his head with a raised brow, his expression not changed at all from the nonchalant one he's been sporting throughout the entire lunch.

"Which is why I'm the best one to go and do it. I'm the King, I can give my own seal of approval and I along with everyone in the Kingdom necessary will know it won't mess up again." He says bluntly. I continue to stare at him, only to snap out of my trance as he motions to my still full plate with his fork, eyes bemused at my lack of eating.

"Um," I pause for a second, forking some food into my mouth at the death stare I'm currently getting from my mate, chewing thoroughly, I swallow before asking him the question that I'm sure is plaguing everyone's mind and is rendering them speechless, "But you're the King. The King has never left his Kingdom in all the years he's reigned. I mean whose going to look after everything going around here if you're well, not here." I say confused, trying to wrap my head around the entirety of the situation.

Wars are few and far between since all of us live in pretty much simple harmony. That and the fact that no other species really gives a lesser shit about each other. We all do our own thing in our own little Kingdom with the only interaction being civil trade and an adventurous romp in the sheets here and there.

'To each their own' is like every mythological creatures life motto to live by.

His warm hand comes to rest on my knee as he diverts his entire attention to me, the worry most likely shining clear as day in my eyes while everyone else looks on, confused much like I am.

"Your Majesty, Fie speaks the truth. It is not possible for you to leave the Kingdom let alone the Realm on unofficial business. As important as this is, it's not official state business, I'm not sure how any of your council would agree to this." Marcus speaks around his food before his eyes connect with that of my mate's and his face starts to lose its colour, "I apologise if I spoke out of turn my King. I guess I am much too habituated with giving out advice, even when it might be unwarranted to do so." His words trail off into a silent murmur, Ezra eying his sad weirdly but then thumps his old dad on the back as if he just told the greatest joke in the world.

"Cheer up father. The King is family now. We can even call him Sire." Ezra's comments with a beaming smile, clearly missing out on the narrowed eyes and curled lipped snarl that Malleus threatens him with.