Bonfire

AN: The picture up top makes it look small but it's definitely bigger than that. (That's what he said.)

Fie Wright's P. O. V

Everyone who knows basically anything about werewolves and their mates, knows one factual thing. I mean if they don't know about it, they'll get too soon enough if they spend time between two mated wolves especially newly mated wolves.

What would that be?

Well, the possessive streak that every hormonal filled wolf will have. This possessiveness can go from a mild growl to full out brawls that lead to serious injuries where some even end up in the hospital for days. A slightly lingering glance, subtle touch or an aggressive display towards someone's mate are what usually triggers such a reaction.

Malleus and I apparently work on different frequencies around each other.

Our entrance to the party, albeit late, isn't noticed by particularly many people for the reason most would expect. Our late arrival can't even really be considered late since we approach the huge backyard, which is really just the forest that is apart of our land, with another larger group of people. Hell, even the Alpha and Luna aren't here yet but they're like the chief of guests here tonight so it doesn't really matter what time they come. The lingering stares, however, come from the fact that majority of the pack finally lay their eyes on my mate; their King.

The rational part of me knows they're all gawking at Malleus because he's literally royalty but another part which I like to blame on my wolf, wants to let out the angriest snarl ever that's been building up with each passing glance. What if the men and woman are looking at him because of his good looks? I mean even a visually impaired wolf can probably sense how attractive he is.

Malleus' outfit is simple and nothing too flashy our out there but he looks mouth-wateringly delish what with the shirt hugging him in all the right places, his biceps bulging and abs playing peekaboo with every shift in the fabric. Each footstep tugging at the trousers he wears, the movements of his leg causing the jeans to clench around his backside and give off its perfect shapely form.

Ugh. I sound like a toxic love struck fool.

"Hmph," comes the annoyed voice from besides me which causes me to turn my head towards Malleus, the man's blue eyes narrowed as he swings his head left and right, perfectly pink lips pulled up in a near invisible snarl.

"What's wrong?" I question softly, only to get my hand squeezed gently in return.

"It is nothing." He says in that formal tone of his that I've slowly started to realise he only does when he's cautious of my reaction to something.

"Spill it Malleus," I murmur back as we approach the main place where the festivities are taking place with Ezra right smack dab in the middle of it all.

"It is a very deplorable thing for me to even think of but I am feeling a bit possessive towards you with some stares that are being directed at you." He informs me, each word more methodical than the next, eyes gouging my reaction to see if I'd blow up at him.

The snort that leaves me has the man staring back at me in slight shock, not expecting that reaction in the slightest since I'm not blowing up on him and calling him every curse word under the sun. "Relax. I'm feeling the exact same way as you. My wolf is practically begging me to grab that black haired girl by the throat and crush her oesophagus in one go." I say while casually motioning to the girl who quickly takes heed and squirms slightly before turning her back to us and starting a conversation with the girl beside her.

Malleus, on the other hand, blinks for a few moments, probably stunned by my laid back attitude towards the poor innocent girl. If no one can tell, I get worked up quite easily but of course, I hold it back and don't actually attack people that have nothing of an ill intent towards me. "I guess we're on the same page." He utters out slowly while still eyeing me cautiously out of the corner of his eye. I don't think it's him being perturbed about my words but more so him simply surprised that I didn't overreact in some aggressive way towards him.