Heal

Fie Wright's P. O. V

The silence that filters in is enough to make even the bravest of people to cringe in discomfort, the only sounds coming from my father's now regaining balanced breathing. Everyone else watching on with a keen gaze. Some with amusement like Ezra while other's wince at the outright meeting that just happened between two very important men in my life. Even Alpha Tyrell shifts around uncomfortably, not meeting anyone's eyes while Marcus stands stock still.

After another few moments pass, my father slowly raises himself from his hunched over position, a sigh of relief escaping him. His once reddened face now back to normal though lacking just a tad bit of pallor as his eyes travel from me and then to the man standing besides him. Deciding I should just make my stand and go with it, I shuffle forward a teeny bit before making my way back to where I was standing previously.

"Um Dad, like Ezra pointed out," maybe I shouldn't have mentioned my rambunctious cousin just now but it's too late, "This is my mate Malleus. Malleus this is my father, Fredrick." Dad doesn't seem to have anything in mind since he stares back with a gaping mouth, eyes still wide as the pallor deeps on his face. The man looking like he's just aged twenty years older.

"It is a pleasure to meet my mate's father." Malleus answers politely, however, no hint of discomfort in his tone to be found.

Actually, if I analyse him a bit more; he doesn't look out of place at all. The thought takes me by surprise since it fleetingly came to me that he'd act like a normal wolf meeting their mate's parents, but instead, he seems at ease and like he's barely picking up on the awkward atmosphere that surrounds us.

Clearing my throat, I turn my attention to Tyrell who appears he'd rather be anywhere than here as I grasp onto Malleus' hand and walk towards my Alpha who still has his head bowed regardless of Malleus' words.

"This is Alpha Tyrell who I'm sure you've talked to before. He's Ezra's brother and, hence, my cousin." I introduce Malleus to another member of my family. This one thankfully not choking up.

I'd take a shy family member over an embarrassing one.

"I apologise for not knowing of your relation between Fie and you but it is a pleasure to know that she grew up in a Pack with capable and good leadership. I can already tell you are much mature than Ezra." Malleus formally says to Tyrell as a shocked gasp passes the lips of the man who's just gotten insulted while I glare at the side of Malleus' head, completely sure I had told him of my ties with Tyrell when we met the first time.

"Thank you for your kind words my King. Ezra is like an acquired taste so I do understand where you are coming from." Tyrell inputs, a soft grin forming on his lips before he gets serious once more. "Please, let us make way into the Pack rather then standing here. Dinner is ready at your utmost convenience and you can stay wherever you please although I'm sure you will be staying where Fie is."

Malleus squeezes my hand, the action almost reflex and as if he's unaware of doing so while he shakes his head at Tyrell's words, "Before I do any of that, I would like to see your mate so that she can be tended to immediately. I understand how hard it must be for you to wait while I do trivial things. I shall tend to her and only then shall I take you up on the rest."

My mate's words have a collective sigh of relief being released, the awkwardness now being replaced with sheer excitement at the thought of our Luna getting better. The change in Alpha Tyrell almost instant as his drooping shoulders straighten and a spark lights up his eyes that has been missing for months.

"Of course your Highness. This way." The man even has a pep in his step as we all follow him. Some members slightly falling behind and then heading off in other directions to give us privacy while only Ezra and Marcus follow behind us.