Ignite

Fie Wright's P. O. V

Trepidation hangs thick in the air as I deftly make my way out of Malleus' study with my mate's hand clasped tightly in my hand as he stumbles behind me, suddenly clumsy on his own two feet like a struggling toddler that's just learned to walk a few moments prior. As for Ezra, he appears ten times more jittery than he usually is as he rushes alongside me, face masked into complete seriousness while he tries to prod at me with countless questions.

"Rui?"

"War General?"

"Holy shit."

I merely nod after each question and phrase, knowing the disbelief coursing through him as I finally relent whatever little information I have about the woman who I'm now one hundred percent sure is his mate. How I know for sure that the two wolves are mated to each other is something that escapes me but even my wolf is in agreement with me and leaving no doubt in my mind that the two were made  for one another just as I was made for Malleus and vice versa.

"What does she look like?" Ezra questions, both awe and exasperation tainting his voice while I have to hold back a giggle. Not only from the dazed expression that flits through his brown eyes but also Malleus as he tries to grab at me with any chance he gets, only to fall over his own two feet before he automatically rights himself.

I part my lips, ready to describe the beautiful woman's' features but Ezra himself cuts me off sharply.

"Wait, wait. I don't think I want to know. I would like to keep it a secret, not spoil the surprise." He says firmly while I slowly turn my head sideways to look at him in disbelief with a single brow raised.

"Why are you acting like she's a gift from Santa Claus or something, and if I tell you, it'll 'ruin your surprise?' I mock halfheartedly, one part of me, admittedly, finding his actions and thoughts rather adorable. I come to a slow stop midway down the hall as a sudden realisation dawns on me which causes the other two men to come to a halt, much to Ezra's protest who's rearing to go.

"Why are we stopping?" Whines Ezra in discontent but I partially ignore him, peering up at a goofily grinning Malleus who immediately takes my actions as an invitation to try to kiss me silly. I Don't even realise what he's doing before it's too late and the man is practically mauling my face off like the animals we hold inside of us.

"What on God's green earth do these people give to warriors in training because I need me some of that." Ezra announces to no one in particular while I try to dislodge Malleus who moves away from me with no verbal complaints but that same adorable pout tugging at his full lips, poutier more than I've ever seen him before as he even pulls his eyebrows together and tries to give me the puppy dog look that starts pulling at my heartstrings right away.

"Naw, he looks like donkey from Shrek." The man continuous to chatter away unnecessarily while I promptly get onto my tiptoes to press a kiss onto my mate's pouty lips in the hope that it will deter him even if for a few moments. It seems to do the trick since I get awarded with a beaming smile in return while he starts inaudibly cooing at me.

Uhm.

I'm both momentarily blinded by my mate's sudden act of being cute as it preys on my heart, but also shocked at the fact that my towering intimidating mate is, well, cooing at me.

"Malleus," I start slowly, my tone coming out as that one would direct towards a little while as they try to explain something difficult to them, "Do you happen to know where Rui would be?" Ezra's frantic hand motions to get me to hurry up slowly come to a halt since he realises why I'm actually not getting my backside into gear by sniffing down his mate.