I Didn't See That One Coming

Chapter 2

Niall's POV

   Zayn called the lads and I to tell us that he is on his way over to Harry's house, which is where we are at the moment. He said "I have some big news that I've meaning to tell you guys. I'd rather do it in person that on the phone."

10 minutes later...

   Zayn pulls into the driveway and gets out of the car. He knocks on the door and I sprint to open it for him. I open it to find a grinning Zayn standing before me. He pulls me in for a hug. "Hey Nialler." I hug him back, but lightly. "Hey Zayn. Come on in. We really want to hear about your big news." He nods and enters the living room. Harry, Louis, and Liam look eager to hear what Zayn has to say. I on other hand am a bit scared of what I'm about to find out.

    Zayn sits down between Harry and Louis. He looks at all of us with a look that says "I'd like to talk now." Everyone goes silent and Zayn begins to speak. "As you all know, Ariana and I are going away next weekend. I decided on New York City because I know she loves it there. Anyways, on Saturday night, which is our one year anniversary, I plan on talking her to Augstino's. After dinner, I want to ask her to marry me."

    I immediately spit out the water that I was drinking a moment ago. "Are you serious Zayn?" He shoots me a smile. "Yes I am. Is there a problem with that?" In my mind, I'm thinking "Hell yes there is because she's supposed to be mine" but instead I say, "No mate. I'm just a bit surprised, but I'm happy for you Zayn." Everyone slaps him on the back and congratulates him relatively while I silently moop to myself about how my chances of winning over Ariana are decreasing by the day. Boy, I didn't see that one coming.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter. :) -Mary