The Wedding #2

The Wedding #2

Chapter 76

A few weeks later... the wedding...

Niall's POV

I keep looking at myself in the mirror constantly adjusting my bow tie. Man I hate wearing bow ties, they're so uncomfortable. The lads are looking at me like I'm going to flip out any second, but I'm not. Just because I have some nerves doesn't mean I'm going to freak out and leave the state. I'm just trying to make sure that I look my best.

Harry sneaks up behind me and pulls me into a bear hug. "I'm so happy for you Niall. You finally found your special person. I can tell how much she loves you and how much you love her. I hope to experience love like that on day." I smile. "Thank you Harry and you will. You're a beautiful human being with a heart as big as your dorky smirk." He laughs and I join in. It feels so great to finally to feel so much joy that I can laugh on a regular basis.

Liam and Louis are the next ones to approach me. "You feeling good mate?" They ask me in unison. "I've never been better guys. Thank you for all your help these past few weeks." I glance over to Harry. "That goes for you too Harry. I don't know what I'd do without you guys." They all pull me in for a group hug. "Zayn might have left, but the rest of us are here to stay. You don't have to worry about losing us Niall because that's never going to happen."

We pull out of our embrace and my dad and my brother Greg walk in. "May we have a moment alone with Niall?" Harry, Liam, and Louis nod and go in the hall. They quietly shut the door behind them. My dad is the first one to speak up. "Son, Greg and I are so happy for you. We know you haven't had great luck in the past when it comes to love, but you got yourself a keeper. Ariana is a lovely girl and I know that she'll be good for you."

Tears begin to form in my eyes. Not sad tears but happy tears. "Thank you dad, thank you Greg. I'm just thrilled you guys were able to be here today. I knew you guys have been a little tight on money lately, but it means the world to me that you're here. That's what matters to me most." Greg hugs me first and then my dad does. "We don't want to hold you up from being at the altar. Now go out there and do us proud." I nod and they exit the room.

Harry, Louis, and Liam enter. "You ready Niall?" Louis asks. "I'm ready Louis. Open those doors for me please." Louis opens the doors that lead to the altar. I dash through the stationary and get to the altar in a matter of seconds. The priest shakes my hand and I shake his. He's a middle aged man named Brad. He seems like a nice man.

  5 minutes later...

The church doors open again and Ariana enters hand in hand with Frankie. My jaw drops at how stunning she looks. Everyone stands up to admire her beauty. I can't blame them, she's a real life princess. Frankie pats my back and hands her off to me. She looks at me with such warmth that makes my heart melt. I mouth to her "You look beautiful. I love you." She mouths back. "I love you too."

The priest gives that usual short speech that priests normally give at weddings. It's just babbling to me. Several minutes pass before Ariana and I are told to say our wedding vows aloud. I grab a hold of both of her hands and begin reciting my vows.

"All of my life, I've felt like a boy and not a man. I never felt confident to call myself a man until I met you. When I met you, you instantly light my world up. You are the bright stars in a stormy night sky, you're the colorful fireworks on the fourth of July, and so much more. These past few months I've become a better man and I have you to thank for that. I love you so much Ariana Grande-Butera. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us. I know that there's going to be some storms, but we'll sail through them together. There's no one I'd rather spend the rest of my life with than you."

The priest turns to me. "That was lovely Niall. Now it's your turn Ariana." Ariana nods and begins reciting her vows.

"Meeting you was the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. From day one, I knew that we were going to grow close over time. To be honest, I didn't know I was going to fall deeply in love, but I'm glad that I did. You're such an amazing human being and sometimes I wonder how you don't see it. You're smart, kind, caring, loving, funny, dorky, adorable, and so much more. In fact, you're absolutely perfect. Even know you aren't perfect to some people, you're perfect to me and for me. I love you too Niall James Horan and I'm proud that I get to spend the rest of my life with a person like you."

We get the rings from the ring bearer, which happens to be Louis who is grinning at us like a mad man. I literally have to bite my tongue not to burst into laughter. Ariana places my ring on my right ring finger and I place her ring on her right ring finger.

The priest is smiling at both of us. "By the state of California, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." I tip over Ariana gently and kiss her. Everyone starts to clap and cheer. After several minutes of kissing, we walk across the flower pedal covered flowers and make our way out of the church to head to the reception across the street, where an extraordinary Italian buffet awaits for us.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter. :) -Mary