What Is Normal Anymore

Chapter 68

Ariana's POV

I'm sound asleep when I suddenly hear muffled sobs. I force myself to open my eyes and look at Niall. The nightlight in the right corner of the room reveals his red, puffy eyes and dark circles under his eyes. My eyes divert to the clock, which says it's already almost six in the morning.

"Niall, what's wrong?" He looks at me with pain in his eyes and sorrow in his heart. "My parents are getting a divorce and my mother only told me by email. Isn't that great?" I throw my arms around him. "I'm so sorry Niall. Your mother should have came out here and told you in person rather than just by email. That's a little inconsiderate in my opinion."

He sighs. "I know it is. I wanted to reply to her emails, but I didn't have the strength to do it. I could feel myself breaking as I attempted to type each word that I wanted to say. It's just so hard to believe that after 20 years, they're no longer together. I wonder if Greg found out yet."

I rub his back. "I can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for you. I know that your parent have been together so long that you never thought they would separate. Although they're getting a divorce, it's not like you're going to lose them. They'll still be happy, they just won't be happy together. You can still spend time with both of them whenever you can."

"It's just not the same Ariana. Nothing has been the same for the past couple of months." I sigh. "I know. Our lives have been far from normal. I honestly wonder if we'll find the closet thing we are to normal ever again."

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter. :) -Mary