Liar, Liar

Liar, Liar

Chapter 27

Niall's POV

 I'm currently eating supper at the kitchen table when my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and see that it's Zayn who's calling me. A small lump forms in my throat, but I shove down quickly and pick up the phone. "Hey Zayn. What's up?" "Niall, I have something I want to talk to you about. Can we talk for a bit?" "Sure mate. I'm all ears."

 "Niall promise me you won't get mad, think I'm mentally insane, or both?" "I promise Zayn. Now tell me." He sighs. "Well I've noticed that you've been acting strange for about the past month every time I mention Ariana. What I mean by this is you either get really giddy or quiet. If I didn't know any better, I would have to  say that you have a crush on her." 

I think to myself. "Oh god. Oh god. This can't be happening right now." Not wanting Zayn to get anymore suspicious, I decide to play it off cool. "No I don't. Why on Earth would you think that?" He glares a bit at me. "Niall please don't play dumb with me. I can tell that you adore her just by the way you look at her." "I'm not playing dumb Zayn. I'm telling the truth. Why don't you believe me?" His face begins to get red and he yells "I don't believe you because I think she might have feelings for you!"

 I sigh into the phone. "Zayn, Ariana loves you and only you. If she didn't love you, she wouldn't have gotten on a plane with you to New York City. I know that she's going to say yes to you when you propose to her tomorrow. Now run along and have a good weekend with your girl. I'll see you on Monday." "Thank you for listening Niall. Good night." "Good night Zayn." I hang up the phone and plop on the couch. I, Niall James Horan, am currently the biggest liar on the planet. I just lied to my best friend about not being in love with his girlfriend when I know I am. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter. :) -Mary