Are You Okay?

Are You Okay?

Chapter 3

Zayn's POV

   I think it went pretty well. Everyone seems happy for me, though I was a bit taken back by Niall's reaction. Niall said he was happy for me, but his face didn't show it. I wonder if I should have a talk with him about it. I'll talk to Ariana and ask her what she thinks of Niall's behavior, without spilling about the proposal of course. I pull out my phone and text her.

Hey babe. I just wanted to tell you that I'm at Harry's house at the moment. I had some good news to tell them. They all were happy for me, but Niall reacted a bit strangely to it. Do you think I should talk to him about it? -Zayn

My phone goes off a minute later.

I think you should, but do it gently. Niall's a good friend of both of ours and I know that he is very sensitive. As long as you word everything you want to say to him correctly, it should be fine. -Ariana <3 :)

  Well here goes nothing. I make my way across the room to Niall. He has his head in his hands. "Niall?" His head shoots up quickly. "Are you okay mate? You've been acting a bit strange since I told you my good news. He massages his temples. "I'm fine Zayn. I just have a bit of a headache and I'm tired. I didn't sleep well last night. I think I'm paying the price for it now." I place my hand on his knee. "You're happy for me right?" He looks at me with a tired, but sincere expression. "Zayn, you're one of my best friends. I love you and I want you to be happy. If marrying Ariana makes you happy, then do it."

     I hug Niall. "Thank you Niall. I love you too mate. I'm glad that I have a good friend like you in my life. Now I'm going to head home for the night, but I'm sure I'll see you tomorrow." He nods and waves goodbye, while holding his head once again.

     I drive back to Ariana and I's apartment. While I do, I think to myself "Overall, that actually went pretty well. I'm glad that Niall is happy for me."

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter. :) -Mary