I Wonder

I Wonder

Chapter 24

The next day....

Zayn's POV

Although it's been nice having a couple of days off, it's good to be back in the studio. So far today, we got two more songs recorded, which means we only have two more songs to go until the new album is complete. I can't wait for the fans to hear our new music. I hope they'll love it as much as we loved making it. Now it's break time for lunch, which makes me happy. I'm honestly starving.

  Management shows up with a ton of Italian footlong subs from Subway. I thank management and grab one for myself. I unwrap it quickly and take a bite of it. Immediately, I'm in food heaven. I haven't had Subway in weeks, but it feels like it's been so much longer. I look over to Louis and Harry who are joking around and then to Liam and Niall look deep in thought. Not wanting to eat alone, I walk over to Niall and Liam. Liam greets with a wide smile and Niall gives me a shy one.

  "Enjoying the subs?" Niall nods vigorously. "They're absolutely delicious. I've had a craving for one for like the past week. My wish finally came true." I laugh. "Glad to hear it. Niall, I've been meaning to ask you, but how was your afternoon with Ariana yesterday?" I notice he tenses up a bit at the mention of her name. "It was great. We had lunch at In N Out Burger and then went to the beach for awhile. She tried to beat me in an eating contest. She came pretty close, but she couldn't beat me." "Sounds like a fun day. I'm glad you two got to spend time with one another. I could tell that she reall missed you." He smiles and continues eating.

 The rest of the day flows smoothly. As I get in my car and begin heading home, I can't help but wonder why Niall tensed up a bit when I mentioned Ariana. Not only did he tense up, but he stayed quiet the rest of the day. Is there something he's hiding from me? If he is hiding something, does it have to do with Ariana? I honestly wonder.....

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter. :) Also, I just wanted to mention that I leave for DisneyWorld on Thursday and I'll be gone until late Monday night/Tuesday morning. I'll try to update as much as I can, but I'm going to be pretty busy for the next week or so. -Mary