How?

How?

Chapter 67

Niall's POV

It's midnight and Ariana fell asleep over an hour ago. She came home from dinner, showered, and went out like a light. I could see her falling asleep in the car ride home. Me being the night owl that I am sometimes, I decide to power on my laptop that I haven't used in weeks and check my emails.

I log into my Yahoo and see that I have ten unread emails. Two are from Greg, one is from Frankie, and the rest are from my mom. That's weird... my mom usually calls or texts me. She never emails me unless there is something wrong.

I reply to all of the ones that aren't from my mom first and then I open up my mom's emails. They are all titled Urgent. In a panic, I go through them all at warp speed until I get to the last one that says what I never wanted to hear, "Your dad and I are getting a divorce. Our marriage has been falling apart for awhile now. It's finally got to the point where both of us want out. I'm sorry that you and Greg both had to find out by email rather in person, but you both are so busy. Call me when you can. -Mom"

Instantly, my heart sinks. My parents have been married for 20 years. How could two people who have loved each other for that long suddenly want nothing to do with one another? I just can't seem to wrap my head around it.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter. :) -Mary